Saturday 6 July 2013

Ali-craft blog challenge

Hi Blogettes  hope you enjoyed viewing my tag card on the Ali-Craft blog.
All the stamps used are Kaisercraft which are available from Ali-Craft.

It's time for the 2nd Challenge on the Ali-Craft blog today and we have a lovely theme this month based on 'Butterflies', I have used the Kaisercraft Vintage stamps which are available from Ali-Craft.‎


.
                Just a few extra views for you and hope you like them.
I started off by making a masterboard which I used for the tag backgrounds. I am a bit of a technique junky. I adore patterned paper but sometimes find it restrictive and end up making my own background papers.
About this time of the year when the weather is nice I like to go outside and spend time spraying sheets of A4 paper in various colours which I then store ready to us later. I often use Mica sprays as they give a lovely glow to the paper.
 I also keep the sheets used to cover the table I have worked on as they always end up covered with a multitude of colour.(We can't go wasting these sheets as they can prove useful).
It's difficult to throw things away but I know you will understand lol!
I used a Prima mask, available from Ali-Craft, to create the dots by applying stencil paste with a palette knife, allowed it to dry and then rubbed over this with gilding wax and stamped on the background with similar colours to the background to add texture though this is a bit more difficult to see clearly.

I stamped the back of the card itself with one of the butterfly stamps with perfect medium and embossed with clear embossing powder to create a resist.
I applied distress inks with a blending tool.
The front was also coloured in a similar way without the stamping.
The button was attached before the tag was mounted.

 I used a variety of sprayed papers to cut out sections of the stamped images and decoupaged these.
I added glaze on the butterfly, bike wheel and the clock to give more interest to the design.
The cord was wrapped around and the tags mounted. The ribbons and crystals completed the design.
I look forward to seeing your entries amd good luck.
Angela x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10