Monday 21 October 2013

Halloween Accordion Card

Hi Bloggyfriends  time for Halloween cards and just had to try out the accordion die by Karen Burniston, so here goes.
This is my contribution to the DT projects this month over at the Ali-Craft blog.
It felt a bit strange for me when making this card as it doesn't have any stamping on it but I can live with it for once Lol!

For this card I have used:
  • Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Papers and Stickers from Ali-Craft.
  • Stiff Acetate.
  • Tim Holtz Cobweb Sizzlits decorative strip available from Country View Crafts.
  • Karen Burniston Accordion Flip 3D die from Country View Crafts.
  • Sizzix Sizzlits Bats die.
  • Tim Holtz spider from the Candlelight Fright Bigz die available from Country View Crafts.
  • Stickles Glue.
  • Gems.
  • Metal Brads.

This card may look complicated but is actually quite easy to make and there are instructions which come with the die.

Inside of the card.


Card Front.


 Back of the Card.

  • First die cut the chosen papers to create the front and back sections. I have used four sections but any number can be cut, it's your decision.
    I have also cut the same pieces in a plain card as I didn't feel that the patterned paper was stiff enough for this type of card.
   I know you are probably thinking this is a shame as the paper is double sided but that's life lol!
  • Next, attach the die cut paper sections to the card sections and join together to create the front.
  • Die cut the bats and attach to the acetate, these will need to be attached before the back is completed.
  • Attach the pattened paper to the back and position the stickers.
  • I did mat and layer some of the stickers before attaching them to the main sections and added metal brads.
  • Complete with ribbons, gems, cobwebs and Stickles.
Hope you liked the card and will nip over to Ali-Craft to see what else the DT members have been making this month.
Crafty Hugs.
Angela x
 
 
 

2 comments:

Redanne said...

WOW Angela!! My favourite card die (ever) and my current favourite paper pad - you really have caught my attention on this one. Your card is absolutely fabulous, love how you have added the bats too. I am totally in love with this gorgeous card.... Hugs, Anne x

Unknown said...

Fabulous project Angela, you take the card to the next stage and give us the WOW factor
ali x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10