Sunday 16 February 2014

Masterboard Monday

Hi Blogfriends, I felt as we have started a new year that a new technique was called for with the Masterboards.
Now, how do you think I made these?

 
I know there are those of you out there who will know immediately that I have used the Gelli Plate.
 
I have had the Gelli Plate for months and just not got round to using it, (I am sure I am not the only one that has stuff sitting there unopened lol!).
 
What a great piece of kit!!!!
 
I started by using the stash below but can't wait to try other methods.
Just in case you wondered why there is a soup tin, it makes lovely marks in the paint, especially if you twist it round as you place it on the surface.
 
If you need any instruction relating to this the company have a great website Gelli Arts.

 
The only difficult thing about this technique is knowing when to stop, oh! and making sure you have plenty of paper handy and somewhere to put the finished samples lol!
It is very addictive! but quick too.
I made all the samples in about an hour on Saturday night and made all these cards below Sunday morning from one A4 sheet and a little coloured card.
 

 
It may appear that the background is in one piece on the large card but to make the sample go further I have cut the pieces into three sections before matting and layering them.
I haven't put any sentiments on these cards yet as I don't know who they will be for but it's always good to have cards at the ready lol!
 


 
I am hoping to post more this week showing how I have used some of the other samples.
Hope you like my efforts so far.
 
Bye for now,
Angela x
 
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh dear Angela!! I have been resisting buying the Gelli plate but you are persuading me now that I should.... your masterboard is fabulous, one of the best I have seen and the cards are beautiful. I can see how this can become an addiction! Look forward to seeing more. Hugs, Anne x

♥Gemma♥ said...

This is gorgeous and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my "A Little bit of Love" art journal page, really appreciate it :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10