These are available at Ali-Craft.
And this is the set I have been using.
The first project I would like to show you today is a Tag Note Book.
You can just see some of the inner pages which I decorated using the stamp that Ali sent me.
The only extra things I used were: ribbon, white paper and the dome stickers, everything else came from the pad.
Having made this I quite fancied a wallet to store it in and made it using the Faux Leather technique that many of you will have seen Sheena Douglas use.
However instead of using plain craft card, I did it on a sheet of the card from the pad.
And here it is.
The pocket is stamped on unbleached calico fabric and then sewn on to the card during it's construction.
To Make this :
- Spray the card with the glycerin/water mixture to soften it and keep crinkling the paper and reapplying the glycerin until you get the effect that looks like chamois leather.
- You need to be careful that it doesn't rip, but the odd cut doesn't matter as it is lined inside.
- Allow it to dry a little and then go over it with any brown distress ink which will be picked up by the creases.
- I have used an an embossing folder with mine but that is up to you.
- You should then seal the ink using a spray glue or apply one with a brush this also serves to strengthen the card.
- I stamped a large piece of calico big enough to line the inside and make a pocket. I glued the lining to the inside before putting the whole thing together.
- The back section is longer than the front to allow for the flap.
- I attached metal fasteners and then joined everything together by machining them.
- As I had a little of the card left over, I also made two tags which can be seen in the pocket.
Hope you find these instructions useful and pop over to have a look at the Prima papers that are available at Ali-Craft.
The set is really good value for money. I made five projects using the pad and still have card and stickers left over.
See you soon,