I am entering this design in the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge 1 and The Crafty Cardmakers, It's a Bug's Life callenge #115.
We have been asked not to post the instructions for this technique as it is felt that this would be unfair on Tim so if you want the instructions you will need to purchase the book which I know is available here.
This is the card I have made using this technique.
I couldn't resist using the dragonfly stamp as it has always been one of my favourites.
I stamped the wings again on acetate and embossed them before cutting them out and mounting onto the Dragonfly.
I created several samples using the marbling technique including one on black card which I think works well.
The following sheets were done using the paint that was left over which is why they appear to have less paint on them.
After producing the samples I cut some of the card into squares and rectangles using the Stamps Away template.
I used one of the distress inks to create the background colour for the card blank and removed some of the colour by splattering on water and blotting.
I then taped the mask down over the card and attached the shapes through it to ensure they were correctly positioned.
I found that by putting glue onto a plastic stamp block it was easier to spread the glue onto the back of the shapes but I am sure you have your own method for doing this.
Here you can see the completed arrangement.
I then used some of the marbled card to mat and layer the stamped image which I had edged with distress ink.
With the topper attached and the edge of the card finished here is the completed project.
Hope you like it.