Monday 11 August 2014

Masterboard Monday and Time for a Birthday Card.

A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Blogging friends, we have a male birthday coming up, always a bit of a brain stretcher or it is for me LOL! but I have come up with a Masterboard and a card today.

So here goes and hope you like it.

First coloured the paper with distress inks and then stamped on with a text stamp.

 
 Then layered up the colour and pattern using a clock stencil.
 
 
And this is what it looked like.

 
These are the inks I used to create this effect.

 
I decided I might need an area on the card with  a little more detail to add interest so I went over part of the stencil with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint.


 
And then gently removed the stencil, leaving the crackle paint to dry.


 
You can see the detail of the crackle below.

 
And here is the card I have made using the Masterboard.
The clock stamp is by Heartfelt Creations and is called:
HCPC3591 - Alarm and Watch PreCut Set and there are two clocks in this set, an alarm clock which I used and a pocket watch.

 
The sentiment stamp is by 'invoke' and is called The Time is Now.
I ripped the edge of the crackled section and edged it with blue distressing ink before layering it on top of the background.

 
I hope you like it. I do have more of the paper left and will probably make another card later.
 
Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by,
Angela x
 

11 comments:

Jolanda said...

Hi Angela,
thanks for your lovely compliment;0)
your creations are fab! love this background & card!
grtz Jolanda

Carole Z said...

Love this background Angela, perfect for using with a guy card or project, hugs Carole Z X

WOCC- said...

I certainly love that technique. Your right, male cares are a brain twister for me too but you captured it perfectly.

Redanne said...

I love that wonderful background with the crackled paint and the ripped edge coloured with the blue really sets off the alarm clock off so well. It is a beautiful male card Angela. Anne xx

pam said...

hi Angela, brilliant male card, great technique`s to create your card and love the colours.
pam

RosA said...

Hi Angela,
Fabulous background and a very good card. Like that clock stamp very much. Cards for male people are always difficult, I find :)
RosA # 30

Ruth said...

Fabulous master board Angela, love the finished result and the card you've made. Ruth x

Susanne Rose said...

That's awesome! I love it!!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the vintage and highly texturized feel of this card. The streak of blue was brilliant too. Blessings!

Carol Rigby said...

A great card and nice to see your process.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Such a Great Manly card! Your backgound paper is so creative and works perfect here, but I can see it for many other uses too...
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10