Friday 5 September 2014

English Country Garden Canvas for The Mirror Crack'd Challenge Blog.

A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Blogging friends   Angela  here  to  welcome you to the Crafty Card Makers new Blog called The Mirror Crack'd Challenge Blog

My first offering for this new challenge blog is:
an English Country Garden Canvas. 

It's a rather photo heavy post so you may wish to get a cuppa before you start Lol!


 
 I began with the blank canvas and turned it over to use the back to make a shadow box effect.

 
Then applied the moulding paste.

 
I stamped into the paste with the crackle stamp


 
which was then sprayed to give colour

 
and left to dry.

 
Next I made the leaves, stamping onto black card, coloured them using gel pens and attached them into a pleasing arrangement.


 
I made the base to look like water using fusible fibres and then embossing this using the swirl stamp.

 
I added extra sparkle with stickles glue.

 
Onto the dragonflies using a PaperArtsy die and grunge board.
I coloured these with the big and juicy Hydrangea ink and melted UTEE onto them which I stamped into.

 
Then I constructed the flowers using a Tim Holtz die with grunge board which had been coloured and stamped.

 
The finished flowers looked like this.
I added small beads to the centre of each flower.

 
 
I decided I wanted to break up the texture on the border so I shaped some copper coloured metal sheet and stamped onto this with a textured stamp then using an embossing tool, shaped it. I applied glue to the back to ensure it would not flatten when attached.
I covered this with acrylic paint to age it then rubbed some of it away so the metal showed through.

 
I attached the metal to areas on the edge of the canvas,
to which I also added some Tim Holtz crackle paint.


Further spraying was done until the colour was deep enough and everything blended back together.

 
I made some paper beads,

 
bubble embellishments

 
and shrink plastic fish.
 
 
 All of which were added to complete the canvas.
Here are the materials used to complete the tag and attach the fish.






 I have tried to give you as many instructions as possible hopefully without boring you too much but there were many techniques used to make this project so if there is anything you don't understand or you would like more details please leave me a comment and I will try to answer you questions.

Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and if you have not come by way of the new blog I hope you will pop over to The Mirror Crack'd to see what my team members have to offer you in this first challenge.
I also decided to enter this project for the following challenges:
Anything goes - Altered Eclectics
Anything but a Card - Dragons Lair Design
All the pretty Flowers - Craft Hoarders Anonymous

                     

                      Happy crafting,

                          Angela x

20 comments:

RosA said...

Hi Angela,
Great canvas! Love all the metallic sparkling effects!
I've often used the 'reverse canvas' technique. I sometimes think it is more interesting then using the 'right' side :)

Angela said...

LOVE when a post begins with the words "photo heavy"! Beautiful canvas. Thank you for sharing the details of your creation. Those leaves are gorgeous!

Making Mayhem | Because Life is Messy

Shoshi said...

Bored? Far from it! Like Angi, I love posts that say "photo heavy"!! Angela, this has to be one of the most exciting projects I've seen in quite a while. It is nothing short of stunning... It's really getting my creative juices going, seeing your imaginative use of all those fabulous materials, most of which are in my stash. I've never thought of using the back of a canvas like that, and what an amazing result. I am quite bowled over. It's totally fabulous.

Off to pin some of the pics on my Pinterest album!

Shoshi

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Angela,
Wow, Wow and Wow, the techniques you have used on this project are mouth watering, the leaves are amazing, I would love some of those fibres.... then you embossed them.... I will have to read this again, then there are the flowers, and your texture, I could go on and on because I am drooling here at the moment. You are going to be such an inspiration to me, I am going to love working alongside you at TMC.
Fantastic work!
Smiles:)
Sue

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's an amazing project. Fantastic texture.

pam said...

hi Angela, Fantastic work, I have many of these products NOT used.. when I have time you never know I might have a play.
pam x

Redanne said...

I did enjoy your wonderful tutorial Angela and you could never be boring, it is fascinating to see how your wonderful creative mind works! I love the beautiful canvas you created - just beautiful. Anne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was quite impressed with your tutorial. I admit, I didn't realize we were supposed to show every detail of our art, but I learn by example, and will do better next month.

I want to thank you for inviting me to visit TMC. I was REALLY impressed with what you made. BTW, Bleubeard is still trying to catch your cat with the pink ears (grin)!

Ruth said...

What a fabulous mixed media project, love all the texture Angela! Ruth x

Lula said...

Hi Angela! Just wanted to say how much I admire your project- it's simply stunning!

Barbiedi said...

Hi Angela, what a fantastic project, your blog is so detailed with brilliant directions, i love this type of art, the little fish are so cute and love the flowers, well done i will be taking away a lot of idea's from your project, brilliant.

Glenda said...

Wow! What a gorgeous canvas! I love all the metallic looking pieces you have made! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

creative lady said...

Nice canvas, every detail is just perfect. I like how you used the opposite side of the canvas. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Unknown said...

Love the final piece. Your embellishments that you created are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the metallic sheen you achieved on this lovely canvas. Your embellies are beautiful, and I think it's so clever that you turned a canvas into a shadowbox! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

Amazing colors and techniques! Thanks for joing us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love seeing all of these techniques that I learned years ago, but have "forgotten" about! I especially love that you colored black paper with gel pens and that you made paper beads! This is just a work of art! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders!

Pamellia said...

Holy cow! What a lot of work you put into this! Well, it was worth it, such a gorgeous project! Thanks for the step by step, there are several techniques here that I am going to try! Congrats on your new DT as well! hugs :)

Jackie PN said...

What a fabulous canvas! Thank yo so much for sharing all of your steps- your processes -amazed me and your results- beautiful! I have learned some new things today- Thank you! ")
ps...love the Steampunk posts!

Barbiedi said...

i love your project and fab tutorial, thanks for taking part on Dragons lair challenges

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10