Friday 12 September 2014

Left of Centre Guest Designer Spot.

A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

If you have come over from LOC and anyone who has just popped along today then welcome blogging friends, pleased to see you.

Here are a few more pics of the art journal page that I shared with everyone at the Left of Centre challenge this week 'No Designer Paper'.



I had started this some time ago but only finished it when Mo invited me to be a guest designer for Left of Centre.
I often start pages in my journal and they can sit there unfinished for ages until I decide how to complete them.

To create this journal page I used:
Various stamps
Stampotique - Heads, Miss Snottie, Jill and Muffin, bla,bla,bla.
Dylusions - Word love.
Kaisercraft - Bubble Wrap.
Dies
Tim Holtz - On the Edge - Pennants,
            Sizzlits - Cobwebs.
Cosmic shimmer sprays.
3D Glaze.
White gel pen.
Black and white watercolour pencils. 
Stickles Glue.
Stazon and Archival Inks.

 
I coloured the page using cosmic shimmer sprays and allowed this to dry and then used the Heads stamp randomly on parts of the page using Stazon.
Next I applied water to some of the small faces and blotted away some of the colour.
I continued doing this with the face stamps and then added the background spots, the bla bla bla and word love stamps.
I wanted some larger text for the bla bla bla text and applied this by hand with a waterproof pen.
I then die cut the card to make the cobwebs and the borders, attaching these as required.
I completed the page by adding shadows with watercolour pencils and stickles glue on the eyes of the girls, then used 3D glaze on the faces.


 
I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will call again some time.
I would love it if you leave a comment.
 
Happy crafting,
Angela x

6 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Angela,
lovely journal pages.
My your work is different from most, and of course it's my fav colour pink.
Love your design blog and Felix the cat looking at the fish.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

Great journal page love all the texture and layers have a lovely weekend

pam said...

hi Angela, wonderful journal pages, love the colours and when you really look it`s surprising how much is going on on the pages..
pam x

Redanne said...

I did enjoy my visit Angela, your pages really made me smile, I love those heads and the borders on both pages really make your design and wonderful background 'pop'. Great work,, as ever! Anne xx

Sherry said...

Lovely journal pages Angela. Such fun stamps - I must dig my Stampotique ones out again and have a play xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fantastic spread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10