Monday 27 October 2014

Masterboard Monday # Christmas Card Ideas.

A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Bloggy Buddies  hope you are all crafty happy.
I succeeded in making five Christmas cards despite it being a busy week, nearly got the garden ready for the winter too. 
So here are some of what I made.

The first one has already been posted last week but here it is again just to remind you.



 
The second one uses one of the new Tim Holtz dies, Stacked Snowflakes, on the front though I only used part of it as it would have been to big otherwise.

 
 

These are interesting, though it may not be easy to see that the one on the left is actually the negative of the one on the right.
I used red card and the Tim Holtz Layered Snowflake with the embossing folder and then mounted it on top of the Masterboard.
I then took the waste card (negative piece) and placed this on top of another piece of the Masterboard, embossed it and went over it with distress ink to help it stand out.
The small snowflakes were made with some paper punches.



 I had some small pieces of Masterboard left so cut these into small squares and mounted them up.

 
I have still got a little section of the Masterboard left and will probably make another card which I will post later in the week.
 
But here is what you have all been waiting for.... drum role!!!!
the new Masterboard for this week.
 
It's quite different from the others, pale lilac, turquoise and pink, quite delicate.

 
You can see better on this view that I started by embossing snowflakes with clear embossing powder.

 
The text was added using a Crafters Workshop mask.

 
Hope to post some samples during the week and will be back with the finished set and another Masterboard next Monday.
 
Happy crafting,
 
Angela x
 

7 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Angela,
Your masterboards are great and you have made some exquisite cards.
Smiles:)
Sue

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just spotted your fabulous Christmas card on my reading list - Love it and your gorgeous pos and neg ones! Your master board looks fab too! Just looked back at your last post and realised it was in Lincoln - wish I'd known, I would have begged a bed at my brother's! Think we'll be over for the Christmas market this year - haven't been to one since my Dad died! Do I miss Lincoln? A teeny bit!!! Chris

Pamellia said...

Wow Angela, these are all so gorgeous! I love the burgundy with the goldish yellow, great combo and your backgrounds are absolutely amazing! big hugs :)

Redanne said...

Your cards are always beautiful and these are no exception - especially since you have used Tim's new snowflake - it really is gorgeous isn't it? I was hoping it would tempt me to make some Christmas cards...... but not yet.... Love your new masterboard, the blues are lovely. Anne xx

pam said...

hi Angela, beautiful Christmas cards, love the colours and Tims new die.
look forward to your makes with the new masterboard.
pam

Carole Z said...

HI Angela, gorgeous cards...love the colours and as ever your backgrounds are fabulous ! hugs Carole Z X

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are beautiful pieces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10