Friday 10 October 2014

Tree Lopping Again.

 A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Angela here with a few new photographs to show you what we have been up to when not crafting.
 
We have had the men round again to chop down yet more trees.
I hate having to take them down but sometimes it has to be done.

And here they are.



 
This was the tree on Tuesday morning (last week).
Obviously the big one at the back not the baby at the front which is a very young plum tree.

 
You can just about see the man on the tree above (bit of his orange pants are visible.

 
Time for a little rest, that's men for you Lol!
It was about now that somebody suggested it would be good to build a tree house up there.




 
A few logs!

 
Now you see the stump!

 
Now you don't!
And I might say they made a good job of cleaning up afterwards.
 
 
Well that's it lots of space and light, ready to plant more fruit trees soon.
 
Bye for now,
Angela x

7 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh wow Angela, that's pretty sad, I hate cutting down trees...we had two massive mangoes at the Townsville house and I bit the bullet and got the loppers to give up a quote, then they told us we only needed to trim, so I was so relieved, cut them back by 2/3rd, and still have my wonderful shady trees. That's a huge big change to your yard. Have a great weekend Robyn

Carole Z said...

Gosh what a huge change Angela...happy planting your new fruit trees! Hugs Carole Z X

Shoshi said...

However sad it is to see trees coming down, I can well see why this one was necessary. When we moved here we cut down all the Leylandii between us and the next door house and the difference is incredible - our neighbour was delighted, too. Far more light, and it lets the things you want grow better.

Lovely to see the photos of people working so efficiently at what they are expert at!

Shoshi

505whimsygirl said...

Nice job on the tree! I did notice the orange pants through the leaves and wondered what kind of fruit it was -- but only for a second!

Tee Hee,
Kay

Redanne said...

That really is quite a change but I am sure fruit trees will be more useful and not too big. I am guessing you don't have a wood burning stove, that wood would have lasted you all winter! Anne xx

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Angela, and I'm really glad you like my felt! It is such fun to do, and I don't think I'll ever tire of witnessing the magic of the loose, soft wool fibres being tansformed into felt! I thought people might like to see that picture of Beatrice again, wearing the little dress lol! She does look cute, doesn't she.

I've actually managed to do another page in my mini-album today so I'm feeling really pleased with myself! If you look carefully you'll see I've photographed it against the brown masterboard. I am so enjoying using these as photographic backgrounds that I'm in danger of not cutting them up and using them at all!!

Have a great weekend.
Shoshi

Complete Tree Experts said...

Nice post with working images. Thanks admin for sharing this post. Stump Grinding Sydney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10