Saturday 9 May 2015

Ali-Craft Workshop # Powertex.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Here to tell you about the workshop I attended today.

I have so much been looking forward to this workshop.
I love Powertex products and have been keen to get started with them.

Some of you may have noticed the big yellow box advertising the:
Alicraftworkshops 

Both Ali and Ian are certified trainers in the use of the Powertex products and we spent a great day in their Green Room (workshop) practising the skills of using the Fabric Hardener and the Stone Art materials and this is what we made.

 
Ian in the Green room explaining about a canvas which we will probably be making at a future workshop.


 
It's a bit difficult to show all the stages as we are wearing gloves most of the time so photographing had to wait for rest periods!
 
However for those of you who are not familiar with this technique we are using fabrics with Powertex fabric hardener.
To find out more go to Alicraftworkshops
 
At this stage we had covered the fabric in the hardener and wrapped it around a bottle.


 
You will notice that we had also added some embellishments enclosed within the fabric folds.

 
Here you can see one of the Stone Art pieces under construction.


 
And the finished pieces which were completed by adding various pigment paints and gilding waxes.
 
They are even better in the flesh.


 
 
Just a close-up of the bottle I worked on.
 

 
 
I love these techniques and can't wait for the next workshop in June.
 
If you need any further details just leave me a comment and I will get back to you.
 
Happy crafty weekend everyone,
 
Angela x






10 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow Angela, your pieces look fantastic, what a great class.

I was at Port Sunlight Craft Fair today and it was just not the same without Ali and Iain, I really missed them! Hugs, Anne x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Angela,
Wow is all I can say that Bottle looks AMAZING. I can imagine you having great fun with this, the possibilities of making interesting pieces are endless with this method, which by the way I have never heard of; Fabric Hardner, doubt I will find it in NZ somehow. Anyway love, love it, I am always inspired by your makes.
Smiles:)
Sue

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Those bottles look positively gorgeous...I'm drooling at the look you've achieved. Yummmmmmmm.

pam said...

Hi Angela, sound like you had a fabulous time, do like the look of your bottles you have created, amazing details and color.
Hugs Pam x

Ruth said...

Yes I missed them at Port Sunny as well....but ooh, ooh, ooh, stunning work Angela! Intrigued and fascinated by this, I know you've mentioned it before but will be investigating it more now. Love the results. Ruth x

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Angela, these are just incredible! I am so amazed at these bottles, they look like metal and are made with fabric...WHAT!!! You are truly an artist my friend! hugs :)

Kyla said...

These look great. I remember seeing this at the NEC a couple of years ago and at Shepton this year and nearly bought the kit. May have to have a go at this as it looks fun.
kyla

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Those products and techniques look so fun! I would need a class though for sure. Completely out of my wheelhouse. I shall look into it :) Thanks for sharing!

Jackie PN said...

How absolutely cool Angela!! I love those folds in that bottle and the stonework-mmm, would love to check it out in person! Alas, we are too far apart-heehee Thanks so much for sharing this- can't wait till your next workshop too!! xo

Unknown said...

The possibilities with this are endless! The bottle looks amazing. Hope to see more. If I live closer I would certainly attend a workshop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10