Monday 13 July 2015

Masterboard Monday.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi everyone, Angela here and I have been playing with a rather old technique which many of you may have used when you were at school. This technique is so simple and colours card or paper really quickly, all you need to do is choose the colours you want to use from Art Tissue Paper. This must be Art tissue paper as the type you buy for wrapping gifts is colour fast and we want the colour to run.

This example is the one I used on my frame for That Craft Place challenge last week and you can see it here.




For this first sample I chose a collection of three colours.
Choosing three colours usually works well or a Monochrome colour palette is good but you could do multi coloured designs, just go for it and have a play.

I usually do this on A3 stiff paper or card as it stands up better to the moisture.

  • Rip up the tissue or it can be punched out if you prefer more regular shapes.


  • Spray the paper or card lightly and lay the tissue paper on top, it gives a better coverage if you overlap these slightly.


  • Now spray a little more water over the top and lay on another sheet of paper or card and leave to dry.
  • Now remove the top layer of paper and gently lift away the tissue paper revealing the colour.
  • The tissue paper can be kept and used for other projects.

  • At this stage I like to stamp onto the coloured paper but you may have other ideas too. I used stamps from the Lynne Perrella range by Paper Artsy.
Remember this is a background paper so we don't want to make the design too lively as it will more than likely have a focal image or a larger design on top, it's meant to be a background paper or you can cut it up and use it in other ways too but that's for another project.

So here are more samples of this technique.
This time I used a die to cut the tissue paper and then continued with process.




 
This one was just ripped into long strips.

 
Now all I have to do is decide how to use these!

 Hope you enjoyed this technique.
 
Happy crafting,
 
Angela x

8 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous colors Angela! And I love the way the papers,"split"? Very cool- looking forward to what's next! xo

Redanne said...

I don't remember doing this in school (but then I am VERY old - lol) but they probably had not invented this kind of paper then. Love the technique and love the results you got! Hugs, Anne xx

pam said...

Anglea, must be old like Anne, as I never did this at school either.. will have to back to see what happens next.
Hus Pam x

Deb said...

That is so cool, have to try and find some non-colour fast tissue paper to give it a try.

Little Artbee said...

What you did looks so decorative,very nice technique.
Wish you a nice and creative summer.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a great step-out Angela, and I'm sure they will be used to great effect, and likely soon knowing you!

Barb said...

You've been busy. Now what to put onto them. Enjoy you class with Hels on Saturday. Barb#27

Lizzie said...

Hello Angela, I'm just returning your WOYWW visit from yesterday (17/7), but thought I would have a browse around.
I love this technique - have used it before, but I'd forgotten it. You certainly make some very nice backgrounds with your tissue pieces. I really like the idea of die-cutting regular shapes, to give a sort of patchwork or block pattern, as well as the long strips of different colours, for stripes. Then stamping on top just adds another dimension. Very nice!
Lizzie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10