Welcome once again to my Friday Fun Day, hope you enjoy looking.
My Friday fun day is a bit different this week and actually took place on Wednesday when I took a friend out for a birthday treat.
We had a great time working with Powertex Fabric Hardener and 3D Flex on a canvas.
All this took place at The Green Room which is the Ali-Craft workshop.
So here I am to show you what we got up to.
Here is the lovely Ian demonstrating the first stage:
- Pour on a mixture of coloured and translucent Powertex.
- Next, spread it around a bit to cover the canvas.
- At this stage other colours can be added if wished. This is a mixture of colour and varnish.
- Which can then be added to the canvas.
- Maria and Santhe are now drying the first stage.
- Next we mixed the 3D Flex with Powertex liquid which would produce the texture on this canvas.
- This needs to be nice and thick before spreading it onto the canvas using a spatula or something similar.
- Here's the one that Ian was making.
- Here is mine.
- And Maria's canvas.
- We finished the texture by rubbing on Treasure Gold (Metallic Wax) and I added some thin twine which had been coloured with the blue Powertex liquid.
So that's it really though I'm not sure at this stage that this is complete and I may be adding further detail but we shall have to see.
Smiles all round, we had a brilliant day thanks to Ali and Ian.
So that's my Friday fun day.
Hope you enjoyed looking.
If you would like to see what others have been doing this week visit Annie for "This Week's Smiles" and you can share their smiles too.