Monday 4 April 2016

Masterboard Monday # Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 161.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

The theme for this challenge is 'Shaped Cards' so here goes.

I am here today to show you a card I made with a new Masterboard.
I was hoping to brighten things up a bit.
Now the spring is here and the sun is trying to shine Lol! everything starts to brighten up and I wanted this masterboard to give a similar effect to the finished card.

 
Close-up of the Masterboard used.
I love mixed media and anything slightly grungy and I hope my Masterboard reflects this.
It was made with Gesso applied unevenly through a stencil then lots of ink sprayed randomly to create the grungy look. When dry, I rubbed over the textured parts with gold gilding wax.



 
The dies are: Spellbinders, Memory Box and Marianne.
I twisted the dies as I mounted them to make the shaped card more interesting.
The Sentiment stamp is Woodware: Just To Say.
I think the gold card layered with the masterboard really makes everything pop and finished with some stickles glitter glue and a pretty heart shaped gem.


 
 I hope you will pop over to see what my team mates have been making and also to join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
 
Happy crafty card making.

Angela x

 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
A Vintage Journey:#40Spring is in the Air.
That's Crafty! All thing Bright and Beautiful Challenge.
Country View Challenges: April Challenge # Spring.

13 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Angela! I just love the shape you chose and holy moly, what an incredible amount of fancy die cuts! Stunning and so intricate! hugs :)

Judys Lace Creations said...

Really pretty card here Angela. Love the colour combo and the layers.Just LOVE layers!!

Barb said...

What beautiful rich colours on this one Angela. A lovely easel card and such a pretty shape.

I'm just typing next to the photo of your Morris. We had a Barnaby and Benjamin who were real little characters. photo Barbxx

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely Stunning Angela! Gorgeous!! xo

Redanne said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous masterboard! I love how you layered all those wonderful die cuts to create a very sumptuous card Angela! Hugs, Anne xx

Cara said...

Just love this, stunning. Cara x

Shoshi said...

Ooooh just lovely, Angela. I adore the masterboard - fabulous texture and colour scheme, and what a beautiful card you have made with it.

Shoshi

Redanne said...

Apologies for omitting to say thanks so much for joining in our Spring is in the Air at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

pam said...

Amazing card created with your fabulous masterboard Angela, love the dies and colours with your texture and hint of gold.
Pam x

Kim x said...

Fabulous Angela. Love the masterboard, they are such fun aren't they. Sorry I haven't been by lately, but life just seems to have taken over lol xx

S@ndy Diller said...

Beautiful layers and colors on this one and it really give the feeling of spring. Thanks for traveling with us at A Vintage Journey.

Sid said...

Loads of fab layers here ! I have also become your latest blog follower !

rachel said...

this is so pretty - lovely work. Thanks for joining us at CVC this month and good luck! Hugs Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10