Friday 26 August 2016

Friday Fun Day with Smiles

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Now what about this for a bit of lopping.

 
We have a Japanese Acer in the front garden and I decided to prune it but I really should have photographed it before I started. As you can see there was a lot to come off this little tree!
 

It is looking much nicer now you can see the trunk and branches again.


This is nothing to do with the tree but thought you might like him. We have lots of these tiny frogs in the garden but they normally hop off before I can photograph them. Cute or what!

 
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 
And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Have a great weekend,
 
Angela x

8 comments:

Annie said...

I love acer trees and you've done a fab job reshaping yours. We have a much smaller one we inherited with our bungalow that needs a gentle trim soon too. I also love little frogs :-) we used to have them all round the garden at our old house but I have to be honest and say I often used to rescue them from our one old dog cos she gave them hell....but I don't think they tasted nice from the way she used to play with them.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Redanne said...

I love acers too and yours is a lovely shape, it is like a giant bonsai tree! I hope the frogs hop out of the way when the lawn is cut!! Anne xx

Laura said...

Ribbit! I spent hours lying on my belly by my Grandad's pond watching the frogs, such fond memories :)

Shoshi said...

What lovely photos, Angela. You've pruned that acer beautifully and it looks like a bonsai! What a lovely frog too - well done photographing him before he hopped away. We used to have a lot of frogs in the pond in our old garden - loads of tadpoles in the spring.

Shoshi

Sue said...

Hi Angela, Love your tree.

I had to shoo a little toad out of the lobby yesterday. Bloomin thing jumped at me from the shadows:) anyway, I couldn't leave him, as he would have died without any food. We have had them in before, as they can get in, but not easy to get out again.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

mamapez5 said...

I am always amazed at how much debris there is to clear up after a tree pruning session. We have to tackle our bougainvillea this week, and that is covered in wicked thorns. i have always loved frogs. I used to hatch tadpoles with the children in my nursery every year, and had fun catching the tiny froglets to take back to my pond. Kate x

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy Friday Angela, must've been pruning week - I've been at it too, I just hope I haven't gone too far with my hibiscus Your tree looks fabulous, would love a tree looking like that in my garden. Anyway have a super weekend cheers Robyn

Annie Claxton said...

HI Angela, sorry for the very late visit, i'm still catching up and it's already SAturday! You did a great job of looping that tree, it's so easy to ruin the shape, but it looks beautiful the way you've done it. Cute frog - we've had thm hop into the house a couple of times :o) Annie C #5

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10