Friday 28 October 2016

Friday Fun Day and Halloween Shrine.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

With Halloween so close this had to be a fun time to make something Spooky and that's what I've been doing this week.
So here it is!!!!!!!

 
I started with this little beauty from That Craft Place.

 
First thing, painting with black Gesso. Some sections were left as they would be covered later and try to avoid getting too much paint round the slits as that can make it difficult to assemble.


I often leave areas without paint and complete this as I construct.

 
Once that is done it's on to the decoration.
I used Graphic 45 papers for this shrine mixing together, Rare Oddities and Olde Curiosity Shoppe.

 
I glazed the bottles with Glossy Accents giving a slightly 3D effect. This needs to be done and allowed to dry before going to the next stage.

 
I also glazed the bottles at the back too.

 
I love this time of the year as it is so easy to get lots of lovely creepy stuff like the bat I've used on the back of the shrine.
 
You may be able to see that I had glazed the eyes too just behind the bat and small blobs on the Pinnacles of the shrine.
At this stage I started adding other embellishments which were coloured with Stickles Glitter glue for a bit of bling. It makes them look as though the moon is shining on them (just use your imagination!!!).

 
When I was looking through the stash I found these googly eyes, no idea what I bought them for but thought they would look fun down the sides.

More fun stuff.... some skeletons arms, little tiny vials, painted frogs, centipedes  and a very! very! large spider!
Spooky or what!

No Halloween shrine would be complete without cobwebs so got out the kitchen scrubby again and pulled out some nice big pieces to use as cobwebs, lovely!

 
 You can probably see now that I wrapped the webbing under the large spider and around the eyes.
Then used a large section for the shrine to stand on.

 
A little extra tucked inside.

 
And so to a final look at the finished project.














 
I hope this made you smile, I certainly had fun making it.


Have a great weekend and a brilliant Halloween,

 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:

A Vintage Journey: Make it Spooky.
Make My Monday: Challenge # 33 I Put a Spell on You.
SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges: 16 October.
Left of Centre Creative Challenges: 153 Halloween with Bugaboo Stamps.
Mixed Media World: MMW#19#Assemblage/Altered Art.
Country View Challenges: October 2016 - All Things Spooky.
 

23 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Oh wow Angela you have really gone to town on this little beauty and spooked it up brilliantly. I love all the eerie, creepy additions front and back, it's a perfect Halloween shrine xxx

Annie said...

That's gorgeous Angela. I can see how much you've enjoyed making that and it definitely got me smiling. Thanks for sharing if.
Hugs,
Annie x

Redanne said...

It certainly did make me smile Angela - what an absolutely fabulously creepy shrine! I love the Rare Oddities papers and you certainly have used them well on this fabulous shrine! Love it!

Thanks so much for joining in our 'Make it Spooky' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

Meresanth said...

My two favourite G45 collections and a dark creepy feel all in one... this is perfection, in my humble opinion. :) Thank you for joining our challenge at SASPC!

Crafty Claire said...

Truly spooktacular! What a great project with loads of fun little details xx

Sian said...

Wow! This is amazing. I love it!

Jackie PN said...

Holy bats!! Totally ghoulish and fabulous make Angela!! xoxo

Lisca said...

Oh yes, it made me smile alright. How spooky! But beautifully made.
Have a good week,
Lisca

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This shrine is SO COOL! You are the queen of shrines, my friend. Blessings!

pam said...

Fantastic project Angela! love the detail and papers used, very spooky lol..
looks like I will have to follow you again! wondered where you were! stupid blogger..
Hugs Pam x

Pat said...

Really creepy. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh my goodness Angela, how clever are you, how creepy - it's fabulous, not sure if I'm smiling but I am admiring. Happy Friday and have a wonderful week Cheers Robyn

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, this is amazing! So love it! I still haven't got my MDF order - seems it has got lost in the post. :( You know how you could make this even better? With tiny LED light on it! Or would that be too tacky? I love things with built-in lights on them. Not sure how it would work though...

Neet said...

Love your shrine - so much that I have gone green with envy. What a fabulous piece you have put together and thanks for the step by step description. Great idea to decorate the bottles so they shine but I just love the spider and the bat - pray where did you get them from? I love collecting bits like this.
Fabulous - as always
Hugs, Neet xx

Claudia N. said...

I have already admired your fantastic Halloween shrine at facebook, Angela,

and I loved revisiting it over here! It's absolutely brilliant!

Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia xxx

Sharon Madson said...

Hi Angela! Thanks for visiting my Blog earlier. I appreciate it, and apologize for being so late. Your project is amazing and so intricate, and the spider looked so real , I thought it was on my screen for real!!! :) #50

Deb said...

Spooktacular Angela, love the googlie eyes down the side! Deb Xo

Craftyfield said...

Awesome Halloween make Angela! You've added so many great details, there is so much to look at...

Twiglet said...

Hopelessly behind with my WOYWW visits - again! Such amazing detail on your little Halloween project there! fab! x Jo

Sue said...

Wow this is fabulous, full of wonderful details Angela xx

A Pink said...

Fantastic project! Angela. Love how you have transformed a basic wooden shrine into a super spooky
shrine. Some really wonderful touches and lots of detail . Love it ! Thanks for joining our 'Make it Spooky' challenge at A Vintage Journey.

Cazro said...

Totally outstanding. Thanks for joining in the fun at MMM. Caz DT.

Kotolifestyle said...

Cool.Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media World

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10