Friday 24 February 2017

Friday Fun Day With Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week though not a lot as I am still getting over that stinking cold and trying to catch-up with the jobs I didn't get done.
But I do have a few happy photos to show you.

These two little beauties, so sweet, you've got to love them.
You will recognise my pond in the background and I'm sure you know what these little beauties are.



The Legend of the Christmas Rose
 
According to legend, a young shepherdess named Madelon was tending her sheep one cold and wintry night.
As she watched over them, a group of wise men and other shepherds passed by,
bearing gifts for the newly born Jesus.
Madelon wept, because she had no gifts to bring the Newborn King, not even a simple flower....
An angel, upon hearing her weeping, appeared and brushed away the snow to
reveal a most beautiful white flower tipped with pink - the Christmas Rose.
 
That is such a sweet story I'm sure you will agree.
 
 
And so to our little friend Maisie.
I wonder what she is looking at!
I certainly don't think it's the flowers Lol!
I think she would like to go out and chase something.

 

And Rocky the robin is here too!
Not a brilliant photograph as I took it through the window and he was way down the garden but look at his face.... he knows we are watching him lol!


Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.
 
Now I'm off to see what everyone's been up to.

Have a great weekend with lots more smiles.

Angela x

6 comments:

TetibelleCrafts said...

Hello! I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this post a lot! I love stories. Thank you.

Annie said...

Your Christmas rose is just beautiful....so delicate. Milly is on guard at the window just the same....big fat pigeon outside teasing her! I've been watching a pair of robins this week....hoping they decide to rest somewhere close.
Have a great week and keep sharing.
Hugs,
Annie x

Redanne said...

Oh I love your Hellebores, our garden is bursting with them, one of my favourite wintry flowers! Love how attentive Maisie looks, she really is adorable! Hugs, Anne xx

Barb said...

Hi Angela, What a lovely story which I've not heard before. Two lovely photos from you too. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

mamapez5 said...

I love your Christmas roses, and of course the legend that goes with them.There is a similar story from Mexico about the poinsettia. I had two hellibore plants in my UK garden. One was pink tipped like yours and it flowered at Christmas, and the other was green and white and it flowered at Easter.! bet your little Maisie loves running round in that lovely garden,and no doubt Rocky knows to keep a safe distance when she is doing so. Kate x

Jackie PN said...

OMGosh Your robin is beautiful! Ours do not have this much orange on their breast and face!
Your Christmas Rose is beautiful as well Angela, and I do love the story you shared-I will think of that now,whenever I see this flower! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10