Friday 19 May 2017

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

In the park everyone seems to be doing well.


 

More work on the bandstand.


Cygnets are getting bigger.



 
They are so sweet.


A bit of tree carving going on here.


 Lovely patterns made by the trees dropping bud bits into the dyke.



More work on the visitors centre.


This was Sunday morning, no sign of life but think they'd had a good night by the look of the cans and the following day they were gone and I'm pleased to report that they had taken all the rubbish with them so that's good.

 
And now something I had never seen before!
We had always been led to believe there were Pike in the lake but never seen them and today the fishermen actually caught this one just as we were walking towards them.

 
It was big!


 I was really impressed with how careful the fisherman was at removing the hook from the fish.

 
And then back in the pond.
 
 
 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Annie said...

How lovely to watch those little feathered friends growing....there's no ugly ducklings there. I smiled at your comment about the careful fisherman....a pike would take your finger off if you weren't careful :-)
Have a fun week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Twiglet said...

Goslings and cygnets! Lucky you - they are beautiful. That pike looks a bit nasty though - fresh water shark I think!!! x jo

Cara said...

Wow, your park is full of interesting goings on! Lovely to see the baby birds doing well. Cara x

Crafty Claire said...

I love the fascinating insights into the park. Great to see that pike up close!

Redanne said...

Lovely photos again Angela, the cygnets are just adorable. So glad he put the Pike back - they are not the most edible of fish! Anne xx

Lisca said...

I feel I know that park so well as you always show us what's going on. Lovely Little ducklings and cygnets. The bandstand is coming on as is the community centre.
Wow! That is a big pike! It is good the fisherman threw it back.
I can't wait to see what the man is carving out of that huge chunk of Wood. But I'm sure you will show us soon.
In your comment on my blog post you say that you didn't know that we were still building. Well, this is the bottom floor (or the 4 floors) which will be a small flat for when we are old and grey and can no longer manage the stairs (as it is ground floor). It will also be ideal for guests. We are discovering that it is very cool as the Windows are smaller. Perhaps we will make it our summer residence when it is finished. Who knows...
Have a great week,
Lisca

Neet said...

How gorgeous are those "fluffies". What a joy it must be to see them in real life.
Wow that fish was a "big 'un" - it amazes me how they remove the hook so carefully without hurting the fish. What a wonderful thing to watch.
Hugs, Neet xx

okienurse said...

love all the pictures of the chickies. They are so fluffy and cute! Love the park! I live on a greenbelt that is a park that terminates in a lake of sorts. I love to watch all the wildlife on parade. Saw a fox one night, a bob cat another and 3 deer standing outside the fence looking in my window! I guess they assimiliate themselves to the insurgence of human life. Thanks for visiting my desk earlier. I was so happy that I remembered in time to participate in WOYWW this week. I think the meds and illness has really impacted my memory! Vickie #43

tilly said...

I love the tiny cygnets, so sweet, what a large pyke, at least you know they are there lol
Tilly

mamapez5 said...

Lovely to see all the little fluff-balls doing well. I think cygnets are so pretty when they are new-born. There is lots of interest to see in your park. I am glad the campers cleared up after themselves. I would handle a pike very careful too. They can be vicious fish! Have a good week. Kate x

Jackie PN said...

Holy huge Pike!!!
always so much going on in your neck of the woods Angela! And it looks like your weather has been wonderfully beautiful!
sending hugs,Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10