Friday 15 December 2017

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

As mentioned last week, I have found some interesting old photographs relating to our lovely park and here are just a few.

The first group of photographs taken in 1957-1958 and the same two ladies just a bit older in 2013. You can see the house in the background before it was demolished.

 
A later photograph shows the house has gone but the glasshouse is still there.

 
 And a photograph this year showing how the crazy paving has been replaced.


 The house as it would have looked.
Sorry about the quality of the photograph.
I believe this was sometime in the 1800s.
 




Interesting collection of photographs I'm sure you'll agree and they certainly made me smile.

Our garden looks a bit different this week as we have had snow though not as bad as some counties.

It certainly looked cold out there and much of the pond was covered in snow too.

 
Pretty though but it's all gone now but who knows it may be back.
 
If you are like me you are still wrapping your Christmas pressies though I did find time to go out with the girls and had the strangest scone ever.
 
 
Fruit scone with melted cheese and onion chutney and strangely it was actually nice!
 
Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by.
 
  And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Annie said...

What a lovely post today Angela. I really love old photos and it never fails to amaze me how similar my photos look taken at the same time. I love looking at fashions through the years.
I rather like the sound of your scone....my favourite scones are cheese ones.
Thanks for linking up every week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Angela, I simply adored seeing those old photos. They are incredible and it was good to see how things changed over the many years.

I have never had a savory scone, but I'd be up for one (grin). Happy Friday and happy weekend.

Jackie PN said...

Wow What a cool house!! And how very wonderful and special that you have those photos then and now!
As for your snow,my dear, we have plenty if you would like i will share! heehee
Interesting take on the scone for sure, I would try it though!
Happy weekend sweetie! xoxo

Lisca said...

I love seeing those old photos. The little twins as toddlers and then 45 years late in the same spòt. The house in the background does not look that spectacular,neither does it look particularly special in the old photo a bit further on. No wonder they pulled it down.
A beautiful picture of your garden in the snow, but I bet you are glad it has melted.
Fruit scones and cheese? why not. I'm sure it was delightful. I know what a scone is as I have lived in Britain., and I have also visited the USA several times and I know they would call it a biscuit. So confusing. (what we call a biscuit, they call a cookie).
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
L.

froebelsternchen said...

Lovely photos and post Angela! Happy weekend!

Dotty Jo said...

Another fun post, thanks so much, Jo x

Cara said...

Wow, that house was amazing, such a shame that it's gone now. Those photographs were fascinating, I love looking ny at history like that. That scone looks um, interesting.... Not sure I would have dated to try it! Hope you have a warm and relaxing weekend x

mamapez5 said...

That certainly was a very grand house once. I am glad they have re-done the crazy-paving. I like it.
I am happy to enjoy looking at pretty pictures of everyone else's snowy gardens, but I am glad that mine still gets several hours of sunshine each day.
I have often made cheese scones, but have never served plain ones with melted cheese on them. But I can see that it could be quite tasty. I might have to try that. Take care with all that snow and ice around. Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10