Monday 26 March 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - Bunnies, Chicks or Eggs

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Kim is hosting today and our challenge is 'Bunnies, Chicks or Eggs'.

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be just cards, as long as it meets the challenge! 

Hope you will join in.

And here is my project for the challenge:

 

To make this card I started with a piece of watercolour paper which I coloured with Distress Oxide inks by applying it to a craft mat and then pulling the paper over it and drying between colours.

Stamp any woodland style background with the first and second generation ink to give depth to the background.
The little hares were a free stamp from the Craft Stamper Magazine and I heat embossed these after stamping them.

 
Now you will need to cut a section of this and edge it with a matching ink.
 

Next prepare the card blank and mat it with a plain matching card.
I decided to make this into a Tri Fold.

 
Stamp, colour and cut out the hare.
I used a Hobby Art Stamp for this - CS124D March Hares, adding a little highlight with a white gel pen after colouring.

 
I think positioning the hare like this with the smaller ones towards the back gives great depth to the design yet still gives a flat card which is good for posting.
 
One more look at the finished card.
 
I added a mat on the outside fold before mounting the main piece which I had stamped using a stamp by Sheena Douglas and then added Stickles glitter glue.
I also added a mat inside which could have another sentiment or a note from you to the recipient.
The sentiment on the front is from a set by Tracy Eason and available from 'Which Craft' and the birds on the branch from another free magazine set.
 
 
 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

CWS Challenge #24: Bunny


 Sweet Stamping Challenge  Blog: Easter
Make my Monday Challenge # 67 Easter Fun.
Always fun challenges: Challenge -51 "Easter"

 

20 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh wow, this is amazing, your background is so creative and the rabbit rocks. love it!!
hugs
glenda

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Angela, love the design and the gorgeous Rabbit.
Hugs Julie xxx

Billie A said...

Oh I love your card. I love making my backgrounds as you do and the fun surprises that come. Your bunny is darling. I love everything about your card. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.


Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Josephine said...

Fabulous - as always. Love your background, and how you built it up!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! This is amazing Angela!! I love the masterboards you create, they always have such fabulous depth! The bunny (or hare) is gorgeous and I love the tri-fold design too! Stunning card! Have a fabulous day! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another fabulous card creation Angela, what a great colour palette you've chosen, the silhouette of the grasses really stand out against it.
I adore that Hare stamp from Hobby Art, it has so much character.
Wishing you a wonderful week Tracey xx

Chris said...

Wow! Love this fabulous card. A lovely combination of stamps, beautiful stamping and a gorgeous background. Thanks for entering our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Jackie PN said...

Gosh this is beautiful Angela!! I love that bunny stamp and the way you brought this whole card together! Hopping your week is full of sunshine! heehee
Jackie xo

Claire said...

Great card, the bunny in the foreground looks fab set against the inky background and the silhouettes of the flora and fauna x

pam said...

Amazing creation Angela, love the stamps and wonderful colours on this gorgeous card.
Pam x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love this Angela. I have the Hobbyart stamp set and the small hares somewhere, so will be looking to make a variant of this for my sister's 50th birthday card. Thanks for sharing.

Craftyfield said...

Fab card Angela! I love your background and the depth you've achieved, plus the Sheena Douglas hare image is great, I think I want it...

Kim x said...

Fabulous Angela. I always mean to do a tutorial on a card but as I never know what I am going to do until I have finished it just never happens. Hugs Kimx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Just a quick note that the hare is actually Hobby Art not Sheena Douglas they just look similar.

Craftyfield said...

Yes indeed, very similar, I saw Sheena Douglas and assumed...

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful card, Angela - those soft colours are just perfect for Easter!

Lilian said...

Super pretty! Love the colors!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

sweetpea said...

great card, thanks for sharing it with us at MMM Janet DT

Sammy said...

Love this! Just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Dorlene Durham said...

LOL I just realized that THIS is the card for the Creative With Stamps challenge. I commented on another one of your cards. LOL This is awesome. I love that bunny! Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10