Monday 28 May 2018

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you what I made with this left-over Masterboard: I had only used a small section so plenty to play with.

 
It was left over from an earlier project which I did for 'That Craft Place' (Lisa Horton's Blog). If you would like to see the project and the tutorial for making the link is here.
 
But getting back to this project...........
 
On the 23rd of May it was the anniversary once again of the Wednesday Blog hop at the 'Stamping Ground' which has now been going for 9 Years and is still as strong as ever.
Each Wednesday we all pop round to visit each others desks (woyww, What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday) to see what our friends are up to and for the anniversary we are swapping ATCs (Artist Trading Cards).
 
I thought it would be nice to have somewhere special to store these so decided on a little concertina box so here goes.
 
I started by making some coin envelopes, think the actual die refers to them as Pocket Envelopes.
 

Cut an A4 sheet of craft card in half and then die cut the required amount of pockets.


 
Fold the creases to create the pocket.
As I didn't need the flap closure I cut these off with scissors.


 I then went on to make the box section using the card from the back of an envelope but any sturdy grey card would do.

These are the measurements I use but this will depend on what you plan to use it for.

 
Cut the pieces and colour the edges. I used Distress Oxides but you could use paint too.
 
 
I used the same measurements to mark the Masterboard which will cover the card.



Now it's time to put the sections together. You need a piece of lighter weight card though still strong to attach the box pieces leaving about 5mm between each piece as this is where the folds will be.


 Once you have glued these down securely, turn the box over.



 Then fold the box into shape and attach the masterboard pieces.

 
I edged the pieces with black Oxide ink before attaching them but that is up to you.
 

 
Next you can add any embellishments. I used clear gems and Stickles Glitter Glue.

 
You need to attach the pockets together and I did this with double sided tape.
 
 
Creating a concertina inside the box.


 

 
The sentiment is by Tim Holtz and the number was from my stash.
 

 
I also decided it needed something around the inner edge which I added with a Faux stitch stamp.
It is easier to do this before mounting everything but if you're like me you don't always know quite where you are going with some projects and I guess that was how this one developed too.
 
And so to the final box.
 
 
I think the faux stitching really finishes this off well.

 
I have used a pair of small magnets as the closure which were attached before the Masterboard was added so you can't actually see it now.

 
I used craft card for the pockets but you could use coloured card too.


 

Hope you enjoyed seeing me make this and the next time you see it  there should be lots of lovely ATCs in it.
I would love to hear your comments.
 
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
 
Angela x
 
I would like to enter this project in the following Challenges:
That's Crafty 'A Stitch in Time'
Just Add Ink #410... "Inspiration"
I so love the combination of the pinks and greens together and used this on my ATC box.
Stamps and Stencils: 'Let's Fake it'.

17 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Angela! The colours on this Masterboard are so beautiful and I love the stamping around the edges. As you say, finishes it off really well! Looking forward to seeing this lovely little box filled with ATCs. Have a fabulous day! hugs x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Angela what an amazing make you really have used that masterboard to it's full potential. Love that stitched detail..! A great way to keep those 9th Anniversary ATC's all together.
Thank you for sharing over at That's Crafty.
Have a super Bank Holiday
Hugs Tracey xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thank you so much Margaret, pleased you like it. Angela xXx

Chantell Randall said...

A wonderfully clever project - a lovely way to show case this paper. Chantell Just Add Ink

Shoshi said...

What a gorgeous little project, Angela, and so beautifully finished, too. It makes the collection of ATCs received in the swap into a real keepsake. It's a smashing idea!

Shoshi

Astrid Maclean said...

Angela, I absolutely adore this!!! The masterboard looks fantastic already and I just love what you did, - such a super tutorial!! I actually own that die and you have just given me a super idea of how to use it!! Such a great way to store your ATCs! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thank you so much Astrid, pleased you like it. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

Craftyfield said...

The masterboard looks lovely and I like these colours. The finished article is well made, a useful storage system. xx

KimB said...

What a gem of a little project Angela, I love the concertina inside and the pink and green does look lovely together! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Very clever, Angela! I can see how it's put together - unfortunately, that die is now discontinued but I could use something else to make the pockets! Toilet paper rolls?

Jan said...

This is such a fabulous project to celebrate the 9th anniversary of your blog hop beginnings, Angela. Your master board is gorgeous and the added stitching details and hidden magnets have turned it into a true master piece. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Stunning creation, Angela. Such a delightful and colourful storage box for your ATC's. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Just Add Ink this week.

toni said...

What a fantastic project! You've really maximised your master board and created a gorgeous little storage book. The faux stitching is a great addition and I love the clear droplets. Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

Dorthe said...

A wonderful make, that storage book is fantastic, and love the stitched details.
Thank you for sharing over at That's Crafty.
Dorthe- DT

Cec said...

What a super little file storage. The masterboard colours are fabulous and the faux stitching is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
Hugs!
Cec

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful step-out Angela. I love the project and you've done a fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Great project! Loved reading about your process too! Thank you for sharing it with us at That’s Crafty! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10