I was pleased to be chosen as one of the top five for the June challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
I was asked if I would be a guest designer for their August challenge and naturally I accepted.
The challenge this month is to 'Use Your Leftovers' which I have no problem with as I seem to have lots of those, it's more difficult to let them go than keep them Lol!
So here is what I made.
Most of the materials I used to make this came from my folder of leftovers..... some of you may even recognise some of the Masterboards.
So I started with this,
which was originally used on the card below.
I added stencilling over the top before completing the card.
For this project I decided to use a tag which I prepared by painting the back. This can be done with Gesso or White acrylic paint.
Next draw round the tag and cut out the piece which will cover the tag.
Don't worry if the paper is overlapping the edge as this can be sanded away.
When that was complete I prepared the smaller tags which were cut out using the Tim Holtz Thinlits Dies.
The card I used to make these was leftover from some testing I did with some texture pastes. I rubbed over the texture with treasure gold to highlight it. The large tag was edged with distress ink 'Peacock Feathers' and I added more colour to the tag using the other three colours, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed and Evergreen Bough to mix it up a bit. The Wild Honey is a great complement for the greens and makes the design pop.
I felt that the small tags needed more detail so I added text using a stencil and then splattered white paint over the top using the Pebeo Artist Marker.
I added detail to the edge of the tag using the following stamps to create a frame.
And a piece of leftover Velum across the top and bottom of the tag, again leftover from an earlier card. This was originally stamped with Seth Apter stamps.
At this stage I started putting the whole thing together.
- I used some Seth Apter dies to cut out the circles and frames, again from leftovers which I used to embellish parts of the tag.
- Even the ticket strips were leftover from another project.
- I added some ribbon and net which were small pieces cut from other projects.
- The small fabric panel had been a selection that I made about three years ago but wasn't needed and is stamped with a Paper Artsy stamp by Lynne Perrella Collection 004. I backed this and added machine stitching.
- Finally completed the tag with a Tim Holtz sentiment die and some Stickles glitter glue for the all important sparkle.
So here it is complete and a few close-ups of the tag.
Bye for now and happy crafting,
I would like to enter this tag in the following challenges:
Things to Alter: August Challenge-Anything goes.
Paper Artsy Challenge # 14 Colour Mixing.
Altered Eclectics - August Challenge: Anything Goes.
Allsorts challenge blog - Week 374 : A Touch of Sparkle.
Love to Create Challenge 16: Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes