Monday 30 March 2020

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:



Think of spring and we think of flowers so here goes.

The stamps used for this were by Altenew called Watercolour Halftone but I'm sure there are other makes that work just as well. 
Stamps that have a large surface area work best for this technique rather than those which create fine lines.


If you like this here's how I made it.


So that you don't have to stay too long I'm showing you three stages in one photograph here.


This is the first and second stage in the Ghosting technique.
1. Apply a light blend of colour around the edge of an A4 sheet of card.
2. Heat emboss your chosen stamp with clear ink and embossing powder.



3. Apply more colour around the edge going inwards but leaving some white card showing in the centre.


4. Place a thin sheet of paper over the card and remove the embossing by ironing over the paper which will absorb the melted powder.
This photograph was actually from an earlier project but it's the same technique.


5. Now go around the design with more stamping using a slightly darker ink.


The ghosting will now stand out almost white as there was very little ink applied when the embossing was done.


At this stage you are ready to cut the card into four pieces ready to make the cards.


And finally this was the first finished card I made.


And I decorated the insert too.
The sentiment is by Woodware.


One final look and that's your lot for today.



However there are three more pieces left so be sure there will be more to follow.

I would love to hear your comments and hope you enjoyed the tutorial.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations: March - Spring Florals.

13 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! I love that masterboard Angela. What a fabulous technique and stunning result! Love the colour and the card is awesome!! Hope you are staying safe and well. hugs x

pam said...

Beautiful card Angela, love your background you created, pretty colours.
Hugs Pam
Stay safe xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty masterboard - the ghosting is so effective for getting those lovely soft tones to the flowers, and I really like the garland spray across the corner of the card - it's a great design.
Alison x

Sue said...

Angela this is fabulous! You've used this technique beautifully here, and thanks so much for reminding me of it. The inside of your card looks wonderful too, mine are often sadly neglected lol. Take care and have a happy week, Sue xx

Chris said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, a great technique with a stunning result! Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

brenda said...

Great inking and stamping and even using the tone on tone colours you've managed to create great depth, thanks so much for joining in with our Spring theme at Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a stunning card, Angela - so light- and spring-filled!

Craftyfield said...

Love the effect of this technique and the Altenew solid images are of course perfect! It's a brilliant way to create a frame for a sentiment or photo in a scrapbook. The finished card looks fabulous Angela!
Hope you are bearing up with the confinement OK. xx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous colour and gorgeous technique. Must admit I am a sucker for Woodward stamps. Well any stamp really.!! Haven’t managed to win a Chess game yet but have had The Doc in ‘check’ Twice which he didn’t see coming cos he was too busy removing my pawns at the time!! Keep safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Kim x said...

I can see that like me you have a little bit of a spend up on Altenew stamps. I wish I could say that I was as good as you and used some of them. Mine have just been added to my stash :O).
I wonder if you could send me the link to the masterboard that made my fabulous birthday card. I've put the link somewhere safe and now I can't find it and I fancied having a play with the technique with all this extra time we have on our hands. Sounds a bit like my craft room to be honest, putting something somewhere safe lol. Your cabin looks amazing by the way.
Stay safe. Big virtual hugs from your crafty friend.
Kimx

Crafty Claire said...

Lovely card and a good technique to keep in mind. Thank you x

pinky said...

Super pretty card, love the colour of course. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Spyder said...

Really fabulous! Such a pretty card!
((Lyn))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10