Monday 2 March 2020

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:


I so love these stamps by Aall and Create.


They are so quirky.


Unlike my usual masterboards this one is only A4 but will still make several cards.
I started by adding and blending some colour lightly around the edge and then heat embossed with clear powder using the flower stamps.


This technique is often called ghosting as you just see a faint image below the design.


The next thing was to add more colour.


Once you're happy with the colour, place a thin sheet of paper over the top and iron off the embossing which will melt when the heat is applied and be absorbed into the paper.


Now more fun stamping the flowers again using the same colours that I used for the blending.



To add a little more detail I splashed water over the design and dabbed it off which lifts some of the colour and then splashes of the distress Oxide refill bottle with a matching colour.



At this stage it's time to cut the A4 sheet into four pieces.


I so love these! Hope you do too.


And so to the cards, well one at the moment.


Layer up some matching card on the card blank and a little extra stamping on the masterboard piece and we're on our way!.


I used some more Aall and Create stamps on a piece of white card and then coloured these in.


I stamped the birds on the background so that I didn't have to cut out those tiny legs but also because I wanted one of the birds to look as though it was flying so I stamped the legs for this one at a different angle, think it worked? 
I had stamped some other images but changed my mind a little so didn't use them this time but I'm sure they'll turn up again for one of the other cards.

By the way I chose to make the birds yellow and blue as we have lots of Blue Tits in the garden at the moment so it seemed like the obvious choice.


A few clouds, a couple of sentiments and a little bit of grounding and the card is complete.

When I looked at this card completed I thought it looked rather simple considering how much work went into making it but there you go!

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

7 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like the soft colors you used for the background.

Kyla said...

Love these cards and some great fussy cutting on the birds too
Kyla

Craftyfield said...

Love the delicate hues of the background and it doesn't look that simple to me! x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely masterboard, Angela, and I'm definitely with you on those quirky floral stamps...wowza!

Words and Pictures said...

Such pretty soft springtime tones on your masterboard, and I love the colourful little birds layered over the background.
Alison x

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to be late in commenting but I really don't know where this week has gone Angela x. I also enjoy your masterboards and always learn something, so thank you for the inspiration. I sure do love them and the card with the blue and yellow birds on it is fun, creative and contemporary and worth all the effort x.

Crafty Claire said...

I don't think it looks simple at all. All the hard work pays off in the detail. A really quirky and fun card xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10