Friday 6 March 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

First, what Maisie and Stan have been up  to!



It's a dogs life!
True comfort.



Then there was the park where they appear to have gone a bit mad.


They have chopped down loads of trees. It's just a shame they don't prune them when they need it then they wouldn't get out of hand and have to be removed.
I'm sorry to moan, I just hate to see trees being chopped down.


They've made a real mess of the grass too.


I have no idea what the plan is for the stumps.
There seems to be a squirrel stuck on the Island as he used to climb over the tree branches and now they are gone so I don't know what he will do. We could see him/her walking along the trees as though he was looking for some way to get back to the park.


The Willows look sad but they at least should grow back.


They haven't finished yet!


The dyke is quite high too.


Now I wonder if you can see the cat here?
A clue, he like the sun.


Not sure yet what I will do with this but it was going to be thrown away so I've adopted it. As yet it doesn't work but so what it looks nice!

And finally the funnies.




Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Annie said...

I hope that little squirrel manages to find a way home. It looks sad with so many trees being cut down.....and we are still struggling to get anyone to look at the one across the road from us!! Love the dog funnies lots.
Hugs,
Annie x

Natalia said...

Your dogs look so happy and comforted, they are so cute! Have a lovely weekend ☺

Words and Pictures said...

Yes, very sad to see all those trees coming down, and the forlorn stumps left behind. I do hope the squirrel will find a way to escape the island. He needs a little raft like Squirrel Nutkin. That old clock is amazing - I'm sure you'll find something creatively wonderful to do with it - although it looks pretty good just as it is!
Alison x

Lisca said...

Maisie and Stan look very comfy and contented on the settee. It's a dog's life indeed.
What a mess in the park with all those cut trees. I am like you. I don't like to see a tree cut down. They take years to grow. They need regular maintenance, but cutting down is not a solution. Who is going to have all that wood? Because i have a wood burner, I immediately think: fire wood! It is green of course and needs drying out for at least a year, but people that have the room for that would gladly have it.
I'm sure the squirrel will find food on the island. They are such resourceful little creatures.
Yes, I did spot the cat, after you mentioned it.
What a beautiful clock! Does it matter that it doesn't work? I love it just as it is. It is very decorative.
Yes, the funnies are giggle worthy.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

I love your dog cartoons. They always make me smile..
Your dogs do look very content, curled up together. It has taken ours seven years, but they are just beginning to share the settee!
I agree about the trees. They were a bit brutal with the ones growing around the plaza this year. They has grown a lot, and removing alternate ones has opened up the plaza to ore light, but they were planted too close together in the first place!
I hope you are left with plenty, and maybe one branch to make a bridge for the squirrel. Kate x

Kim x said...

Have a wonderful weekend my love.
hugs Kimx

Karen said...

Sorry about the trees ~ I hate to see big stumps like that. I was looking at the clock picture trying to find the cat (HahahahA) I finally found him in the photo above. That is a cool clock, I have three in my house that no longer work but I find them beautiful as an art piece. The dog comics made me smile too! Enjoy your weekend ~

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stan and Maisie look like they were resting so they could go crazy in the park. They are SO cute running around like that.

I bemoan any tree being removed. It happened when my next door neighbor tore/cut the one down that was the "sister" to the one in my yard. It certainly changed my front flower bed by opening up the yard to more light, but also allowed more light and sun into my house in the afternoon. That's not good in summer. Of course, my neighbor didn't strand any squirrels. They just came over to my tree.

OMGosh. That clock is out of this world. I'm in LOVE. It even looks like it might be rusty, too.

Have a super rest of Friday and a terrific weekend, dear.

Mrs A. said...

That clock is fabulous and I just know it will look out of this world when you have transformed it. Spotted the cat. Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Adorable Masie and Stan x So sorry about the trees Angela and sad about the squirrel too x Thank you for the funnies at the end of the post and looking forward to seeing the clock one day made into something wonderfully creative x.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Those funnies made me laugh LOL - I needed that today! and the doggies look cute as ever! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10