Monday 26 October 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - 266: Things that go Bump in the Night.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.

Kim is hosting today and our challenge is -'Things that go Bump in the Night'. 

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards as long as it meets the challenge.

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:

Front

And here we have it a rather spooky midnight scene, even the pumpkins look worried.

Back
If you'd like to see how I made this then read on and if not maybe you'd like to pop over to the challenge.


Masterboards first of course.
This was just a piece I'd played around with earlier when making another piece. When making a Masterboard if there's spare ink around be it on the mat or needing to be removed from the project I always use another sheet of card, nothing goes to waste here.


More ink added until....


You're happy with the colour and then start to add the detail. Tim Holtz cobwebs first.


Several more Tim Holtz stamped images and then used the Karen Burniston Album, Accordion Flip 3D. (This is the older Bigz die by Sizzix and I believe they now do a thinlits one too.)
You simply cut as many of these sections as you wish and then join them together.


Stamped and coloured the Tim Holtz Pumpkins and fussy cut them out.


I added the pumkins, die cut cobwebs, owl, insects. broom, moon and bats.


I couldn't resist adding some extras to the back.


I hope you will 
pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.

 I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.

Happy crafting.
Angela xXx
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Country View Challenges - Halloween 2020 (Make a Scene)
Try It On Tuesday: Halloween Time.

Dragonfly dreams: Spooky and/ or Cute.

Unicorn Challenges: Spooky and/or Cute.

Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #134 Spooky and/or Cute. 

13 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulously spooky work! love those pumpkins.

Mrs A. said...

Fabulous coloured mood board and i love those pumpkin characters. Wow to that cardshape too. Hugs Mrs A.

Craftyfield said...

Oh dear... you just reminded me I have a similar die to construct multi-panel cards that I haven't used for ages! Great Masterboard to start with and the Halloween critters and pumpkins are great fun! Have a great week, Angela! x

Kim x said...

This is just amazing Angela, so much work.
I hope that we will continue to meet up in blogland after this last challenge, I will miss being challenged once a fortnight, although I am absolutely rubbish at the commenting just lately.
Stay safe my Crafty friend.
Big Hugs Kimx

Judy McKay said...

Fabulous creation. Love the design of your card and the backgrounds you have created. Love it. Judy

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - what a special project. Love the shape and all your great elements. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! This is amazing Angela! Fabulous masterboard and I so adore the cute little pumpkins! A brilliant project once again! Hope we can still keep in touch through blogland once CCM is finished. I am really going to miss it. It certainly kept my creativity on the hop and I loved doing it. Take care Angela and stay safe. xx

Crafty Claire said...

Fantastic card. I'm sure I have this die stashed away somewhere maybe it's time to get it out again! xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous halloween themed card with a great design. Yes those pumpkins even look spooky x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Angela, this is absolutely wonderful! I have never seen those pumpkins before but they are so much fun I'll be looking for them now! I love this style of card with a great view on either side! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

pam said...

Fabulous card Angela, love the colours and stamping, long time since I made one of these cards
Pam x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful card, Angela - those fussy-cut pumpkins just make the darker background sing! Wowza...

Irmelin Eriksson said...

This is so awesome! Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10