Friday 9 October 2020

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

That tree in the lake has now gone.



That's all that's left.
But fear not because we were there to see it go!
We arrived in the park to find this:


And this:


And in no time at all they were busy shifting it.







And now it's gone.

I've been busy in my own garden too doing some trimming and pruning.


This is really pretty and flowers at this time of the year but I have no idea what it's called.

This is the whole thing, a sort of push I guess.


Bonsai garden all tidy.


If you're going to garden you have to be able to make a mess! but it's all cleared up now.
If you look towards the pond you will see there is nothing around the edge....well now there is.......


I had the shock of my life while gardening as I didn't see the Heron land but did see him take off from the edge of the pond and I can tell you he was big and the Koi may look like dinner to him but he's not having them if I can prevent it.
The pond is netted and in theory the Heron need to be able to walk into the pond to catch the fish but they will stand on the edge and peck at the them even if they can't catch them.
The fish being stupid and greedy will swim up to him in the hope he's got food for them so they are not very bright but they all look okay so I must have scared him off just in time.

And to finish today......


Some Dog funnies.



Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

Annie has gone away for the week so you'll just have to put up with just me this time.

Angela x

5 comments:

Lisca said...

Oh they did that efficiently, I mean getting rid of the tree.
Your own garden is looking all neat and tidy. Well done. Thatmust be a great feeling. Everything tickety boo for the winter.
What a palaver to keep the heron off your pond. But having seen you beautiful koi, I can imagine you go to some length to protect them.
Your funnies had me chuckling. It's so true though and that is why it is funny. We totally recognize those situations.
Yes, I had quite forgotten that Annie had gone on holiday. Thanks for reminding me.I'm sure she is having a lovely time.
Corinna is rearing its ugly head again and stricter measures are in the offing everywhere. I blame the youngsters. Here they congregate in large groups without masks hugging and embracing each other. They don't give a d.... I am avoiding young people at the moment.
Keep safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You were in the right spot at the right time to see that tree go, Angela. Your photos were great at showing how they got rid of it.

Sorry to read about the heron. I'm sure you were the one who scared it away. I am in awe of your gardening. You have so many wonderful areas to care for. Thanks for stopping by yesterday. I'm running behind as usual this month.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm just as well you were on watch for your heron, I was out in my front yard yesterday, it’s now 2am here, I woke up and couldn’t go to sleep so up I get. I planted a new grevillea and some gazania seedlings, hopefully they survive last one didn’t that I bought but was bigger plant, and as I’ve planted a new grevillea they’re more likely to be watered and given TLC. One out there I saved in street grass wee plant survived just fine so hopefully smaller works better. I also planted an African daisy I’d struck. It was mauled a bit as was root bound so hopefully it’s okay too. Prayed so as was planting.
The bonsai look lovely was always going to do one of them, tried and it was ok for year or so then died because I couldn’t water it. Decided they’re too high maintenance. Night night back to bed here it’s after 2am Sunday morning.
Hugs Shaz.x

Mac Mable said...

They sure did get rid of the tree. Always good to get the garden sorted for the winter and you must have had a shock with the heron x.

mamapez5 said...

Hi Angela. It was nice to have some visitors this weekend even without Annie's Mr Linky to encourage us. I am a bit late as usual doing the rounds, but better late than never I hope.
Isn't it amazing what a bit of machinery can do these days? I often watch them working on Facebook and some of the are amazing.
I can't put a name to your white flowering shrub, but it is very pretty.
I am glad you managed to scare the heron off. They can be very persistent when they know there are fish there. We had to net our pond in the end. My brother stayed in our front guest room and he said he could hear the heron wings early each morning. But your fish are safe to live another day! Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10