Monday 24 February 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge -251 Embossing

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Josephine is hosting today and our challenge is Embossing.

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge. 

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:

I have to say I had real fun making this though it did take a while to put together.
See what you think.
Was it worth it?



I started by embossing the mirri card with a spotty embossing folder and a piece of white card and a Tim Holtz die on two corners.


Using an Altenew Stamp set (Wallpaper Art) I stamped the flowers onto watercolour card and coloured them with watercolour pens.

The leaves were stamped on some of my left-over Brusho card, heat embossed then die cut. 


This was actually a piece I almost binned but kept it anyway so pleased I did.



Stamped and embossed three of these.


I make no apologies for the cutting plate, they get lots of use Lol!



Then it was time to start placing everything. 
What I often do if I find a placement I like is to photograph it before starting to stick everything down. There is nothing more frustrating than finding you can't remember exactly how you placed them. 


Finally I coloured another piece of white card with the same colours used on the flowers so that I could use that to layer up the sentiment with a piece of the mirri card. 
The sentiment stamp is by Creative Wiry Words.

I realise it's not Mothers Day yet but it seemed like a good chance to make a card. 
Here in the UK Mothers Day is March 22nd.

 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Diecut Divas Challenge Blog: Hearts and Flowers.
Lets Craft and Create Challenge Blog: 156 Option Mother's Day.
Sweet Stampers Challenge: 41 Hearts and/or Flowers.
Craft Stamper Challenge Take it Make it - February. Anything goes.

19 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Oh Yes!! So very, very worth it. I love your design and colouring of the flowers. My die cutting plates look just the same. I keep using them until they break. In actual fact I have only ever had one do that right across the middle and I still kept using it for cutting small die pieces. Scrouge, move over I do like getting value for money! hugs mrs A.

Craftyfield said...

Yes lots of time consuming elements... the colouring alone must have taken ages but definitely worth it, particularly for a special mum! Love the design, I have this die and this is giving me ideas Angela. Hope you got the voucher sorted out last week. x

Kim x said...

This is just fabulous my love, any Mum would love it.
And thank you for the heads up on when Mothers Day is this year. My phone doesn't seem to put any celebration dates into the calendar, which is very annoying as my Girls didn't give me my usual diary this year.
Crafty hugs Kimx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This card is gorgeous.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! This is such a stunner Angela, your Mum will adore it! Love how all the techniques and elements came together so beautifully. You are such a clever crafter. Love your works! hugs xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card Angela, adore those beautifully embossed flowers! Certainly worth the time spent. Have a great day!
hugs
Glenda

pam said...

What a gorgeous card Angela, stunning flowers and colours.
Pam x

Judy McKay said...

Stunning card Angela. love the flowers and the pretty leaves. Have a creative week. Judy

Linda said...

This is beautiful, and well worth the time spent. Those flowers are stunning, and I like the touch of colour on the leaves. Great background too, love the different layers. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Angela this is stunning, what a beautiful card for Mother's or a special someone in our lives. Coloured perfectly a work of art all on it's own. Really glad I scrolled down to take a peep. Gorgeous! Hugs Tracey xx

Cindy C. said...

What a beauty this is!! I love the watercolors and how created the leaves. Thanks for joining us this February at Die Cut Divas.

maria f. said...

Definitely worth it. What a beautiful creation.

Mac Mable said...

I am so sorry to be late in commenting Angela...I sure know I saw this fabulous card but clearly never commented! It is so beautiful and the composition is so striking. I love how you embossed the background and then popped on a die cut over it.....I shall file that wonderful idea away. A stunner of a card and the most beautiful Mother's day card x.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I absolutely love this card. Great techniques, I love embossing. Your flowers are beautiful and your card has a great balance of textures and definition. Thanks for joining our challenge this month at Let's Craft and Create and good luck! Michelle DT x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Gorgeous

crafty said...

beautiful roses and I love the design behind them
Mary

Crafty Claire said...

Wow I can imagine that took some time to do. The watercolouring is beautiful. Lucky mum. Thank you for the reminder that Mother's Day is looming...better get my thinking cap on! xx

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous! WOW. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our February Challenge

Kuni said...

What a stunning card, love the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10