Friday 30 December 2022

Friday Fun Day with Sad Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

 
The pond has been very frozen.
Don't think I've seen so much ice develop before.
 

 
You can probably see the lumps of ice that were there.

 
So far the fish look okay as we keep the water flowing to release gasses from the pond and stop it freezing up completely though it is also quite deep at the center.
Not long after taking these photographs it just suddenly got warmer and the frost and ice disappeared.
 
 
More garden centre visits.
This one is Brigg in North Lincolnshire.
 
 
The reindeer where singing and moving their heads. I did make a video on my phone but not worked out yet how to put it on the blog.
 
 
They are so cute and very realistic.

 
This was a massive collection of little houses and Merry-go-rounds.
 
 
I have never seen a display as big as this before and they are truly magical.
 

You can buy most of the pieces that were used here though I cannot imagine what it would cost to put this together never mind the space needed.

We spent Christmas at my mum's this year as usual, think she enjoyed it. It was quiet but think she likes it that way now.

Daisy and Stanley.


 
Sadly this is the last photograph of Stanley as he passed away this week. 
We will miss him so much and so will Daisy. 

 
I'm sorry it's a bit sad here today.


If you would like to see what our other friends have been doing this week pop over to Annie's for "This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your smiles too.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.
Take care and stay warm. 

Angela and Daisy xXx

7 comments:

mamapez5 said...

So sad to hear about Stanley. He will be sorely missed I know.
The garden centre display is amazing. (I have only managed to put an occasional video onmy blog by uploading it to my private youtube account, and using the URL).
I was always amazed at how well our fish survived under inches of ice, but we never had it that thick. It is good that it has thawed again at least for now.
I am sure Mum was happy to just have your company for Christmas, even if it did make for a quiet one for you. We too are happy to stay at home most of the time these days.
I hoe you have a healthy and peacful 2023. Kate x

Dotty Jo said...

Sending you love and hugs. Stanley was a beautiful soul, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Sad when you lose a friend. Hugs.

Annie said...

I was so sorry to hear your news about Stanley....I can proudly say I met him in person and thought he was a very special fur baby so know just how much he will be missed....sending you biggest hugs. I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas with your Mum....special memories made I'm sure.
Wishing you a happy healthy New Year my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO SORRY to read about Stan. It is never good to lose a family member, but it's evem sadder at Christmas.

I know you won't believe this, but my ethernet has been offline all afternoon. Not sure why this is happening, but still. I may have been forced offline by the storm at Christmas, and for some unknown reason today, but I want to wish you a joyous, safe, healthy, and prosperous 2023 in advance of the new year. And of course, my heart goes out to you on your loss, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention. I read your WOYWW post below and I am the same. I try to NOT buy double sided paper. Actually, I usually make my own paper. Still, I feel the same dilemma you have when you are faced with double sided beauties.

Crafty Claire said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear the sad news about Stanley. At least now he will be reunited with Maisie and having the best of times xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10