Monday 9 July 2018

Masterboard Monday.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
 
I am here today to show you a pocket journal made with this Masterboard:
I have to warn you though this is photo heavy but if you like mini books and journals you should enjoy this.


 
 
I began with three empty kitchen roll tubes which I cut in half and then flattened.
 
 
 
From there I attached the mop up clothes to the tubes and after letting them dry, I started decorating them using stencils with an embossing pen anf white embossing powder.




The stencil above is by Andy Skinner.

 


 

These two stencils are by Clarity.

 
 
The next one is by artistcellar.
 

Stamping next.
 
 
And some nice splatters.
 
 


Some more recycling next using the cards from the Tim Holtz stencil packets.
 


Trim to size and fold.
These will hold the bindings.


I used my Bind it All to join all the pages together.
 
 
I just love this little machine and it's so easy to use.
 
 
I've used a Tim Holtz die to cut the fencing at the bottom and then attached to the pockets.
 
The bird die is by Spellbinders and the small butterflies are Impression Obsession.


I felt that because of the amount of colour and detail on the pages it needed something plain on the main images so I've used white birds and butterflies and yellow flowers which really pop out rather than being lost amongst the busy pages.

 
Tags next.
Yet more mop up cloth.

 
Spread on the glue thinly and attach.

 
I used these stamps for the sentiments on the tags.
 
 
Recycling Again!
 

 
When the paper is attached take a fine nail file and rub the edge of the tag to smooth it and remove any excess paper.
 
 
It also works really well over the metal as it cleans away the paper there too.
 
 
The stamp below was by Dovecraft.


To complete the design I've added ribbon and string on the binding wire, clear gems and a butterfly that I found in my stash on the front cover.

 
And here are a few of the finished pages.







If you got to here, well done.
I have tried to show you the process as I know lots of my followers wanted to see this so thanks for staying to the end.

I would love to hear your comments.
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Angela x
 
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Frilly and Funky challenges: 'B' Happy with Birds, Bees and Butterflies.
That's Crafty challenges: Close to Nature Challenge.
Try it On Tuesday: Things with Wings challenge.
Mini Album Makers Challenge: July Challenge.
Country View Challenges: July 2018 - In the Garden.
 

22 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thank you for the great photos/step by step. Truly a great project. Fun stencils and colors. #1 in challenges in my book. Have a fun week

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a fab project Angela, each little page is a treasure in itself and I just love the tags! Such great recycling too! Wonderful little book! Why don't you add it to the mini album makers challenge as well? There you can add books and albums of any kind! Have a great week! xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Recycling art at its finest! What a fantastic booklet! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
And I love the clever bag for your BIA Angela!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

A stunning project, awesome detail on each page as well as the covers.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Angela! This an amazing project and I love that you have used so many recycled items! This made me smile too as I was only telling someone the other day that I don't use my Bind it All very much - so thanks for the nudge!! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisxx

Jane said...

What a great album. Fab recycling and lovely creativity within. It's perfect for our In the summer garden challenge I'm hosting over at Country View. Thanks so much for joining us. Hugs xx

Jackie PN said...

Oh Angela! this is just gorgeous! The colors remind me of your Koi pond-how beautifully done this is!
Thank you so much for sharing the steps as well my friend! xoxo

sarascloset said...

Gorgeous little nature journal! Each of the pages is a delight to see and I'm so happy you shared your steps with us! So good to see you playing along in our "B" Happy challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Stacy Sheldon said...

I just love how much depth all those pages have Angela :) this is gorgeous :) ~Stacy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your English country garden is fabulous. I love that you used recycled paper/kitchen towels as your substrate.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This really is a treasure Angela and such a good reference to so many different techniques. Love how you have used new and recycled papers. Made from scratch it's the perfect little pocket book.
Thank you so much for sharing and joining the That's Crafty Challenge.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Great tutorial, Angela - I'm going to be asking neighbours for their paper towel rolls I suspect. Thanks for your ongoing inspiration, my friend!!

Craftyfield said...

I like a bit of recycling too and you've done such a great job of finishing each panel with the stencilling and die-cuts! Great colours and this book is beautiful from cover to cover! xx

Kelly said...

I LOVE this. I keep my TH packaging, too. I saw a gal's video earlier this week who used the acetate windows on dimensional packaging as pockets in her journals. They are the perfect depth for holding a post it note pad! I always cut mine apart so they're just the flat pieces to use in shaker cards LOL

Will let you know when I do my own journal. I have the white toilet paper rolls smashed and waiting. Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly

Jenny Marples said...

WOW Angela! So many gorgeous layers to this little book and those masterboards are amazing! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

Maggi said...

Love this and bravo for all the recycling! Love all your layers and stenciling! Thanks for joining in the Frilly & Funkie challenge.

SewPaperPaint said...

So happy to see you carve out some time for a mini! :) This is really so amazing and your masterboard is incredible. I just finished a project using recycled stencil packaging - he he! Great minds and all... I just love your design here my friend. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers. Big hugs, Autumn PS. Make sure to add our challenge badge to be eligible to win the prize. :)

Zoe Hillman said...

What a clever idea for a journal. I love all the details. Thanks for joining us for the "B" Happy challenge over at the Frilly and Funkie.

sarascloset said...

I'm so pleased to see your journal was chosen as one of our Top Three over at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Jennie Atkinson said...

What a wonderful journal and how superbly created using all those recycled elements. It has a most wonderful calming feel and will be something to treasure. Thank you for joining us at Mini Album Makers this month. Jennie x

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant combination of recycling and leftovers - a real eco-album, full of lovely touches - the natural colour palette and fabulous florals - and great quotes too, of course!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10