Monday 25 June 2018

Masterboard Monday

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
I've been having a little play with some Pixie powders and Brushos applying them through a stencil and spraying with water to make this Masterboard.
It is a good idea to seal the finished design as this will continue to react with water.


I also ended up with these which were mop up papers, I like them both just as much but today I'm going to show you what I did with the mop-up papers so sit back and enjoy.
 
 
The first thing to do is to separate the layers and cut away the section you wish to use.
 
 
Then attach it to the card blank.
 
I used PVA glue with a piece of stiff card for this so that I could spread it thinly, a palette knife would work too. Then went over the top of the design so that it was completely glued down and the ink was sealed.
 
Take a fine nail file next and gently rub towards the back of the card along the edge to remove any rough bits of tissue.
 
 
At this stage it's just a matter of adding whatever embellishments you like to complete the design.


I've used some Tim Holtz diecut flowers and some stick on dragonflies.
The sentiment is Tim Holtz too.

 
And here is the finished card.
I think it has a quite summery feel to it so great for this time of the year.


I'm quite pleased with that and there's lots more mop-up tissue left to play with so I may well be back with this technique again.

Who knows I might even use the Masterboard too! Which was the original idea but I obviously got distracted Lol!

 I would love to hear what you think about this technique.
 
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
 
Angela x
 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Happy Little Stampers  June - Anything Goes with Dies.

That's Crafty Challenge: A Summer's Day Challenge.
A Vintage Journey - June Challenge: Stencil It.
 
 

20 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my goodness, Angela!! This is totally amazing!! I love the masterboard .. fabulous colours .. and then to see the stunning card you created with the mop ups .. absolutely spectacular!! You are such a clever lady!! Absolutely love this!! Have a fabulous day!! hugs xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Always so enjoy coming here on a Monday (well other days too lol), love your masterboards always but this one is FANTASTIC! What you did with the mop up tissue is genius!! Love the finished card, so clever and arty!!

julie_woolston said...

Stunning Angela
Hugs Julie xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thanks Margaret, so pleased you like it xXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thanks Astrid, 'waste not want not' as they say. Have a great week, Angela xXx

Jackie PN said...

ohhhhh! Too beautiful Angela!!
I have been wanting to try the Pixie Powders for soooo long and just found a US retailer who carries them. What colors are your favorites Angela? I was thinking to start out with two or three...
Jackie xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I've sent you an email with a link, hope it arrives xXx

Unknown said...

Please Angela can u work with me my website is www.answerloaded.ml please reply me

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Awesome !!

pam said...

Stunning work Angela.
Pam x

Marit said...

Wowzah, I love it Angela!!!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I spotted your link on the Vintage Journey challenge, Angela and had to check it out! Your project looks marvellous! xx

sarascloset said...

Great technique that I will be trying! Your results are fantastic, and I'm so pleased you were 'distracted' by those mop up papers! Thank you for sharing at A Vintage Journey in our Stencil It challenge! Hugs!

Kyla said...

Great technique. I find mop up tissues etc are a great way to push our creative "out of the box" thinking. Not tried my brushos through a stencil though-great idea.
Kyla

Dorthe said...

A gorgeous project, love the result Pamela -
Thank you for adding it to That`s Crafty Challenge blog - DT, Dorthe

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh, I'm practically jumping up and down in my seat over this, Angela - totally AWESOME!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Those Brusho flowers look beautiful, and how great to have double the artwork by using the mop up papers. I love how the die-cuts look layered up over the top. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous card you made with the mop up on your stencil! A lovely background for your pretty stem die cut! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! Julia xx

S@ndy Diller said...

Love the way you used the mop up papers, your work and blog are so fun to visit. Thanks for joining our challenge at A Vintage Journey

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on being chosen Pinworthy for this wonderful stenciling creation over at AVJ!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10