Monday 18 June 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 214 - 'Wet/Dry Embossing'.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.


  Lin is hosting today and our challenge is 'Wet/Dry Embossing'.


As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge. 

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge just to get you in the mood:


 
Using a variety of Distress Oxide inks and Water Colour paper to create the background.
 
 
I stamped the Imagination Crafts stamp onto one section of this to create the main image.
If you heat from the front as I have done here you will get a nice textured finish. If you prefer the finish smooth then heat from the back.



 
Dry embossing next using an embossing folder by Crafters Companion.

 
Rub over this gently with an abrasive cloth or light sandpaper to distress it and bring out the design.

 
Trim to size ready to distress the edge.


 
Now everything is ready to put together.
 
I used a black card blank for this as I thought it would make the focal image stand out more.
Edge the large section of Oxide card with a matching colour.
The stamped image was layered with both pink and black card and the design completed with black gems and bow.
The sentiment was also layered the same way and the stamp is by Altenew.
 


I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Penny Black - June - In The Garden
Back to basics and Beyond-Challenges: Challenge5 Heat Embossing
The Crafty Addicts: Challenge 49 - Anything Goes-Optional flowers.
 

20 comments:

Uroocreations said...

Hey Sweet Angela!!
This is so gorgeous card.... Love each detail you added to it....
Thanks so much for inspiring me to try something more crafty and crazy....
Have a great day my friend!!!


Hugs
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla
UrooCreations

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thank you so much Monika. Have a lovely week my friend xXx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Hi Angela!! Your card is stunning!! I love the colour mix and the design! Abraiding the raised areas on the dry embossed panel looks fabulous .. wish I had thought of that .. and I really love the heat embossed stamping!! Absolutely stunning effect!!
Have a wonderful day!! hugs xx

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful. Love the technique Angela. Have a creative week. Judy

brenda said...

The silhouette stamp looks really effective on the Oxide background Angela, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More June challenge.

B x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm blaming my computer troubles for missing this one Angela so sorry but glad you directed me this way as it's beautiful. What an amazing stamp, the embossing really highlights it's intensity! Amazing..
Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

AWESOMELY AWESOME, Angela.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This looks fab, Angela! I like how the black is contrasted against the brighter colors.

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Angela, this looks beautiful. I love that you did the detail shots too :)

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Angela, what a gorgeous card, the background colours are beautiful and what an image!!, beautifully heat embossed, altogether perfect for our challenge at BBB, thank you for joining us and good luck, Kate x

Neet said...

Lovely card, like the e,bossing folder you used and I am sure I had that daisy stamp at one time. Is it on wood?
Hugs, Neet xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is just stunning, Angela - you've done a beautiful job of illustrating both methods in one go...dyn - a - mite!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great creation, Love the colours, Thanks for sharing with Back to Basics and Beyond this fortnight, Love Hazelx

Annie Claxton said...

Wonderful card Angela, very elegant and full of gorgeous artsy details, I love it :o)

Jackie PN said...

Totally gorgeous Angela!!You rock,my friend!xoxo

Sue said...

This is a real beauty Angela, it's like a masterclass in how to make a perfect card. Have a lovely weekend, Sue xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This one is a clear stamp by Imagination Craft Art Stamps xXx

Kyla said...

Lovely card and some great textures too
kyla

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, thank you for sharing your creativity over at Penny Black and more;-))m

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in The Crafty Addicts Challenge this time and good luck :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10