Monday 15 April 2019

Masterboard Monday and a MIni Wallet file.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a project made with this Masterboard:
Not strictly a Masterboard. 
This was left over when I used several similar sheets to create some Halloween Masterboards.

The paper was coloured using Distress Inks not Oxides by applying the ink to a craft mat, spray with water and pull the paper over it. I wanted this to be fairly pale so added more water than usual to create a good background to stamp on.



Today's project is a mini wallet book.
Before starting I warn you this is quite a long tutorial but if you want to make a wallet book then you will want to read this.



I start by getting three 12"x 12" pieces of card scored and trimmed.

Next we need two pieces measuring 12"x 4" for the side flaps.


And two pieces to use as flaps.

I like to edge all round the wallet with silver ink.
No need to be too careful as most of it will not be seen, just the edges.

And we're ready for construction.


I used 7 Gypsies papers to decorate the pages.


I like to position all the pieces before attaching them to ensure I have them all and know where they are going.



These papers are lovely and grungy but I added a little extra texture with the use of some white embossing powder and then added some lace paper doilies.


You can see here how I used the masterboard to stamp the sentiments.


Which fit really nicely into the pockets I've made.


A few more photographs of the finished Book and I will leave you in peace.



You can see here one of the side pocket flaps where the 12"x 4" pieces were attached.


Artist trading cards were made from some left-over pieces as was the belly band that holds them.

When everything is completed it's time to add the embellishments. I use enamel dots to finish this off.

Back.


Front.

 


Close-up of the Tim Holtz moth die cut.


A pretty metal embellishment and Dew Drops.





For this project I used the following materials and equipment.

 Tim Holtz: Tag Dies. Paper Artsy: Eclectica - Alison Bomber Sentiment stamps 2 and 3. 7Gypsies: 8"x8" paper pad. 3 sheets of 12"x12" black card about 250gsm. Ranger: Thinlits Geo Insects. Stickles Glitter Glue-Silver. Stazon Metalic Ink. Inkylicious: Clear Dewdrops. Papermania: Lace Paper. Tombow glue. Altenew Enamel dots, magnets. 

Hope you enjoyed watching me make this.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
A Vintage Journey: Neutral Zone-April Challenge.
Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges - Challenge 48/Anything Mixed Media Goes.
Mini Album Makers - April Mini Album.
Craft Stamper Challenges: Take it Make it - April.

14 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Those papers are beautiful Angela, love how you stayed true to those colours throughout. It's as if the TH moth is almost camouflaged upon the closure. Those co-ordinating ATC's make a great addition and look grand held but that band. Such a cleverly constructed album, we'd love if you were to share this over at Mini Album Makers.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Crafty Claire said...

Ingenious design and very effective. I like the monochrome so it doesn't look too fussy or distracting xx

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading the post and thank you for the step by steps. Your mini wallet is fabulous, creative and unique. Love the little pockets, the papers, the dollies and how you used the master board for the sentiments. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Gorgeous project, Angela - I'm loving the quietness of piece, and the fact that it still has such great impact in spite of it. Lovely, lovely, lovely and a great tutorial!!

Redanne said...

Your mini album is beautiful Angela and the papers you used compliment the design of the album wonderfully well. I love the belly band idea to hold the little ATCs in place. The moth on the cover is the perfect embellishment. Thank you for sharing the 'how to' as well!

Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at A Vintage Journey and also at Mini Album Makers. Hugs, Anne xx

Linda said...

Fabulous project, so much detail. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Lys said...

That's a wonderful project; elegant and full of harmony. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!

Nancy Wethington said...

Wonderful tutorial and project. Love the mini wallet. Great idea! Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers.

Mac Mable said...

Many congratulations to the random win and prize winner over at The Craft Stamper with this fabulous and creative project Angela x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

*Sigh*... I get to indulge in this one once again!! Thank you for sharing over at Mini Album Makers Angela and joining in with our April challenge. I really do love how that band holds the ATC's.
Hugs Tracey xx

sarascloset said...

Angela, you always put so much into your projects and this is no exception! I love the design concept and your choice of papers to decorate. Thank you for sharing your great tutorial, too! Now I need to take some time and really let this all soak in. Bookmarked, because my Pin button doesn't seem to be working! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

I love the monochromatic elegance of this - which suits the words so well - and also the fabulous construction, with all those wonderful flaps and folds and tags and pockets. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Super cool! I love the monochrome colour scheme!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your folder, but I can’t work out how you did it :(. I understand the first picture, but you used 3 sheets of 12 x 12, do they attach to the next on one side?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10