Friday 26 April 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
Not something you see every day!


I know it looks a mess but it's all for a good reason.
More clearing in the workshop.



It may look like a load of rubbish but I found some interesting bits that I had forgotten we still had like these Coca Cola glasses.


My Snoopy collection.


The sewing machine I learned on as a child.


These two were not at all helpful.


And more interested in sniffing round the garden.


And when that job was finished it was time for a rest on the lawn.


Gosh! It's a dogs life Lol!


Still not completely clear but we're getting there, shelving next me thinks!


 But that's not all. A quiet day at the Craft Club this week.
It is Easter weekend so we knew it might be quiet.


One of the club members did the workshop this time and we made a lovely card with a front fold.


And here are a few samples for you.


You need double sided paper for this project.


Here's one in the making.


What is so nice about this is how different they all ended up.



 Everyone putting their own finishing touch to the basic design.


And just to finish this off, one of my Orchids.
This is the first one I ever bought at least twenty years ago and it's still flowering happily.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Annie said...

I chuckled at your dogs....Milly would be in the shed sniffing out a mouse or two :-) She's a real hunter.....but as I type this she is lay at my feet fast asleep on her bed. As you say...It's a dog's life.
I love your orchids but also spotted something interesting on the wall behind it?
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Super busy, aren't you? Will any of it go back? Looks like you had a big job on your hands while Stan and Maisie had the run of the garden. They are such cuties, but don't let Bleubeard know I said that.

That's a lovely idea on those cards. Now you know why I don't make them (grin)!

Lisca said...

Well done you for sorting out the shed! That is a mammoth task. I love the things you have unearthed. Especially the coca cola glasses. They will be worth some money I reckon. But they seem ideal for the rum&coke.
I always look with envy at your craft club. I think I'll have to move to Lincoln, lol. The card looks really nice and I am going to try to copy the design.
Your dogs are great. Just sniffing around in their territory.
Wow, that orchid is amazing! I have been told that they can become quite old, but I didn't think in terms of decennia!
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca

pam said...

Fabulous photos of your cleaning up Angela, still have my machine like your`s lol and thats in the garage..
Wonderful cards you shared.
Pam xx

Mac Mable said...

Well done you on keeping your pretty orchid alive for so long....Great makes in your craft club and so creative x.
Also a big well done on starting clearing the space. I remember the sewing machine so well in our home x Thank you for the memories x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Brilliant ckean up Angela, love Snoopy too have weeny stuffed one sitting in top of lounge back. Cool garden area and love your crafty day too. They look enormous cards though. Beautiful orchid too.
Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Gorgeous cards, Angela, but it's that sewing machine that made my heart leap for joy - what a stunner. It reminds me of the one my grandmother taught me to sew on...beauty!

Jackie PNeal said...

WOW I can't believe that Orchid is that old and still flowering! You truly have the magic green thumb Angela!
I stopped in to say hello and check out what's going on in your world. Those pups make me giggle- they are so darn cute! And what a beauty of a sewing machine, do you still use it?
Looks like more rearranging and storing to go, but it always feels so good afterward, doesn't it?
Sending you great big hugs my dear friend!With lots of love as well!
Jackie xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10