Monday 2 December 2019

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:




This is how I finished the card.


And the inside.

I actually made several masterboards while playing with this technique because when I started I couldn't stop it was so much fun.



It's another of those techniques that I used to do with children when I was teaching.


 So this is how it's done.


I'm for ever blowing bubbles! Pretty bubbles in the air'! 
Sorry just couldn't resist it.


You only need about a quarter of a cup of water as too much water will dilute the colours and then add a couple of teaspoons of washing up liquid depending on the strength of the liquid. You need this to create good bubbles.
You might want to practice with one colour to begin with but obviously you can make up several colours if you like.



You then need some liquid watercolour paint or inks, a pipette, watercolour paper and a straw.


I added about a teaspoon of ink and then the fun begins, just blow! and you should get lots of bubbles created.


Push the paper through the bubbles and then allow the paper to dry. this is why I ended up with so many sheets as I like to do another one while I wait for them to dry.


The first colours added to the paper will be quite faint but don't worry just keep building it up until you are happy with the depth of colour and pattern and of course you can always add more paint to the mix.


You should end up with something like this. I've added some purple to my colour too.

And I've finished with a card but this would make a great journal cover too. 

Construction next.


Using AALL & Create stamp.


Just stamp roughly around the card blank using first and second generation stamping.


Then onto the Masterboards.


A small section was attached to the card blank and then I cut out pieces from the other  two using them to create a collage effect on the card.


Which is how I completed the design.


It's not easy to see but I finished by adding Stickles Glitter Glue to the front flower.


So that's your lot! and of course there's plenty of card left for the next project.

 I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes Challenge 179.
Stamping Sensations - December - Anything Goes.
Lavinia World Challenges: Challenge 14.

19 comments:

brenda said...

What a fun technique, many thanks for sharing and joining in our December themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is fabulous!! I love your backgrounds and can't wait to try that technique! Thanks so much for the step by step photos too. Great design inside and out! Thanks for sharing your project with us for the Lavinia World Challenges #14. :-)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Angela, and what a brilliant technique. You've used the perfect stamp for this background too. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Ellibelle said...

What a fun technique! My kids used to do this in Pre-school and I thought their projects looked so fun! I may have to give it a try as well. Beautiful creation and so perfect for our theme at Penny Black and More this month!
Ellibelle's Corner

Grandma Bonnie said...

Angela, this is a great technique!! Thank you so much for sharing such a great idea! Happy to see you posting at Lavinia World Challenge #14!
Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

A very beautiful card made with a fun technique Angela.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Craftyfield said...

The Masterboard looks good, I think I did this once, great fun! Love the card design, clean and contemporary. Enjoy the week Angela!

Terry said...

welove2create.blogspot.com
Absolutely fabulous background and your flowers look amazing Thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create Challenge Blog, Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

Crafty Claire said...

Love the bubble effect. It creates a surprising amount of depth xx

Lynne K said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! One of my favourite Aall & Create stamps, a fabulous background (must try that!) and such pretty colours. Love it! Thank you for showing us the technique, and for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun technique! Who doesn't love blowing bubbles! I love the way the color and the bubbles mix on the paper, really beautiful! I love the flowers and the geometric shapes! Really gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

Linby said...

What a gorgeous card, inside and out. Thanks for sharing the technique. I have masterboard I ordered and never get around to using it lol!
Thanks for sharing at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Mrs A. said...

Love your card. I had quite forgotten all about that technique but will be hav8bg a go with it my self. Thanks for sharing the memory. Hugs Mrs A.

Irmelin Eriksson said...

I just love this card. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 create. Hugs from DT-Irmelin

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Okay that's great Angela..wondered if works with brushos as font have liquid watercolours. Might give a go..one day. Hugs Shaz.x

NIKE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
satta king said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
satta king said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10