Monday 26 November 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 223 - Anything but a Card.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Hi I'm hosting today and our challenge is 'Anything but a Card'.

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge. 


Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:


I made this using the Eileen Hull wrap around journal die. To this I added stencils and stamps by Dylusions and Tim Holtz.


I applied the detail to the masterboard using embossing paste and a stencil when this was set I applied the colour using Gelatos rubbing it back slightly to reveal the detail.


Die cut using the journal die and then stencil the inner section.


Colour with Gelatos.


To complete the cover I rubbed over Pebeo gilding wax.



The pages for the inside were cut using the Eileen Hull Passport die.


Stamping using Dylusion stamps and the images heat embossed.


Cut out the sections which will be attached. 


I used a ball tool to round the head a little before attaching with 3D stickers.


Once all the pieces are ready it's time to attach everything.
I added some ribbon to the tag, some small brass embellishments and glazed the face so I apologise for the slight glare.


I decorated some of the pages for the inside and added Dylusion stamped sentiments.











 So there you have it all completed.

I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
Mini Album Makers - November challenge.
Addicted to stamps challenges: Challenge 168 - Anything Goes with the Option to use ribbon.
Fashionable Stamping Challenges: 141 : Resist it.
Love 2 Create :Challenge :14 -Anything Creative /Mixed Media Goes.

13 comments:

pam said...

Beautiful decorated album you have created Angela
Pam x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is fab Angela I love that rub back technique it's always so effective. A very useful journal, beautifully embellished with lots of space still to fill.
Loving it!!
Happy Monday/Tuesday Hugs Tracey xx
P.S I'm a tie dye kinda sheep too hee hee!!

Glenda Atkins said...

WOW!! a very impressive journal Angela, you use the most wonderful techniques. I always look forward to see what next you are going to do.
hugs
Glenda

Margaret Mifsud said...

What an amazing journal Angela! The cover is so gorgeous .. loving the colours and texture .. and the inside is fabulous as well! Had a giggle at the quotes .. such fun!! Absolutely stunning make!! Have a fab day! hugs xx

Yvonne Garner said...

What an outstanding job you have done crest your mini album. Thanks for joining in at Fashionable Stamping Challenge with your project!

Crafty Claire said...

Hi I don't think my comments get posted when I do it from my phone. This is a lovely project and certainly makes a journal to be treasured xx

Doni High said...

Awesome mini album! Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps. Doni DT

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a stunning cover, Angela...it just speaks volumes. I'm beyond nuts over the colour, pattern and textural elements!!!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous journal Angela, beautifully designed and put together xxx

Nancy Wethington said...

That quote on the front of your book is wonderful. In fact, the entire book is great with the stenciling and colors. So vibrant! Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers.

Yvonne Garner said...

What an amazing project, Angela! So much detail. Thanks for joining in at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

Jackie PN said...

What a fabulous journal!! I love the colors and those stamps are hilarious!! They make me lol!
So clever Angela!
hugs,Jackie

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Angela, I've missed you sweet friend and your beautiful, inspiring art. Boy is this journal ever inspiring! I love the mixed media details on the cover, the fun quotes and brilliant use of color and graphics. What a great project! We are so thankful you shared with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge. I hope you had a great holiday season. Please forgive my delayed visit. Hugs, Autumn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10