Friday 9 November 2018

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
It's been a bit difficult to get much done as we've been trying to sort out stuff for my parents but I have a few photos that you might find interesting. 

Not sure what was so interesting but Maisie obviously thought there was something in there.


Lots of beautiful pumpkins.


And if you don't know what to do with these how about this....


We found this in the park. Someone has been very imaginative with their art work, it's certainly different and made me smile.


This lady was in the care home where my father is at the moment.
She is quite scary looking but the oldies didn't seem to mind and she has a lovely toothy smile.

There was a funny thing that happened while we there. 
The staff had decorated everywhere with pumpkins, witches, skeletons and spiders.
Outside one of the toilets there was a full size skeleton against the wall. My husband was waiting to leave when one of the residents walked up to him, looked at the skeleton and then said "Is there a queue for the toilet?" 
I don't think she was joking either!

Something else we found in the park this week.

 It is approximately 298 miles from Fife to Lincoln so this little pebble has travelled a bit.



And finally, not something any of us would want to happen.
We had a lot of wind some weeks ago and a tree fell on this bungalow, they have just got round to removing it.


Sorry the photos not too good but took it in the car as we passed.


That is a scary thing to happen I'm sure you will agree.



Stay safe everyone and have a great weekend,
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Had to laugh at the toothy witch, but wonder if the woman asking about the queue to the toilet had all her faculties. It caused me to laugh, though.

Loved seeing all the pumpkins. Have a super Friday and a wonderful weekend, too, Angela.

Annie said...

I'm sorry to hear your having a difficult time setting up the care needed for your parents....why can't these services just work together? It's difficult enough as it is for you. I'm just back from the Drs....she has checked me over fully and confirms it's just sciatica [phew!]. I have stronger pain tablets and muscle relaxants now and she's explained fully how to use them but says it could last 18months - 2 years!! She reasured me that I'm doing all the right things and I'm to control the pain so I can keep it moving.....fingers crossed eh?
Big hugs,
Annie x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Angela, love the painted pumpkin and the story from the care home is so funny. I spotted a painted pebble in Culzean Country Estate recently and did a bit of detective work to find there is a Facebook group for Secret Stones Ayr. I joined the group to share the photo hoping whoever painted it will see it's still there. I suspect they travel well. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth xx

Lisca said...

I hope you get stuff sorted for your parents.
It was fun to see the colourful pumpkin and also the toothy witch.
But was shocked at seeing the bungalow damaged by the falling tree. I don't know if I mentioned it, but a very good friend of mine got killed a few months back when a tree fell on her car during a storm. Awful.
Hope you have a good weekend,
Lisca

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Pray all goes well with your dear parents Angela. It can be tricky.
Love the Fife rock travelled so far and Maisie is so cute.
Re tree falling that's exactly why I've removed all nearby trees.
Love Shaz.x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Angela xxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

LOVE that scary witch, Angela - I'll bet she's giving those seniors a great laugh! :D

Jackie PN said...

Oh I did get a good giggle about that lady! heehee
Geesh, hopefully nothing fell on your place- WOW! mother Nature sure can wreak some havoc!
Jackie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10