Friday 20 March 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week well last week really but just been a bit busy.



It might become obvious soon where this photograph was taken.
Something we're unlikely to see again for a while.


And this one!


Clouds or mountains?
Both actually.


 What do you think is happening here?


We stopped off here on the way up to the mountains. 
I'm sure you will guess what this little hut is and what the guy is doing.

More photos to follow soon but just to let you know we got back safely just in time before the French decided to close the ski resorts. 

France is now in Lock Down though some new clients were taken up to the resort, not sure why they couldn't decide to close on the Friday before people left home. 
I hope they are all home by now but sadly have missed their holiday.


Got these beauties for my mum for Mother's Day and most of you have already seen her card if not it's here.
It's not a very clear photo but the pic at the bottom right is my husband and I on our wedding day. The light from the window has cast a shadow on it but to be honest I had forgotten it was there when photographing the flowers.
Just to the left is a coloured bowl which is interesting known as Carnival Glass, my mother has had this for a long time.

The blue vase is Wedgwood but unusual as it's a shiny glaze and they were more often a matte finish.
My mother's family were originally from the Potteries in Staffordshire so we still have a variety of old pottery around the house.


 Not sure what Maisie is up to here but she seems to have found a hat from somewhere. I think it must have fell off the arm of the chair and I'm surprised she didn't jump off, maybe she likes it!
Funny girl!



Sure Maisie and Stan will try this soon now they're home.


Now I know where our two got this habit from!

You would smile even more if you were at ours for dogs dinner time. Those of you who have seen our two will know that Schnauzers have beards and after dinner I can be seen chasing after them to clean this hairy part which collects bits of dog food but they really don't appreciate it! 
Stanley will help by checking and removing any left-over food from Maisies beard.

Mmmm......think I know someone who would do these things given half a chance.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

12 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm glad you made it back before the lock down occurred. I'm expecting that to happen here in the US, but I'm not sure when. Nice set of photos. Your funnies made me laugh. Stay healthy and safe.

Helen said...

well done on getting back safely Great pics. Take care and wash your hands!

Annie said...

I'm glad you got back safely and enjoyed your holiday. No we just have to look after each other, keep crafting and stay safe.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lindart said...

Hi Angela! I laughed at the dog cartoons! Nice to have something to laugh about! Glad you got home in time, and assuming you are now self-isolating. I hope you have a nice trip despite the virus. Lovely flowers for your Mum! Thanks for your visit to mine, and have a great week! Lindart #26

mamapez5 said...

So glad you got home from your holiday in time. I thought of you when I heard the ski resorts were closing.
Your flowers are lovely and I do like the Wedgewood vase.
Your dogs look about as energetic as mine are right now. TYhey are quite happy to have us around all the time though. Kate x

Lisca said...

That was well timed! Good that you got back safe just before the shutdown.
Such beautiful flowers! It was Father's Day here yesterday (St Joseph) and Mother's Day here on the continent is the second Sunday in May as far as I remember.
Your funnies made me smile. Especially the one 'Every house should have one'!
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

pam said...

Happy to hear you made it back Angela, think as usual you will have had a fabulous holiday
Pam x

Mac Mable said...

Glad you are home safe and sound x. Great funnies at the end of the post and adorable photo of Maisie and Stan. Wonderful flowers and vase too x.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful that you are home safe and HOPEFULLY out of harm's way. I had a friend who went from France to London to catch a plane to the states and wasn't checked at the French border OR when getting on a plane in London. That was two weeks ago, right before they closed our borders. I can't begin to imagine the scary times ahead of us all.

Beautiful glassware and awesome floral arrangement. My grandmother collected Wedgwood, too. That is a stunning vase.

Got a laugh out of your funnies. Now I know why I have cats (grin)!!! Sorry I'm so late visiting. I'm behind because I've once again been kicked off the internet. Trying to catch up but I'm really behind. Have a great weekend, dear.

Crafty Claire said...

Good that you are back safe and sound. I do enjoy the Friday smiles and we need them now more than ever. Take care xx

Words and Pictures said...

Very dramatic flying photos - but no, I don't know what that chap's getting up to outside the hut. The dog cartoons made me smile - especially the bed invasion. Reminded me of one of my all-time favourite adverts ... hang on, let me see if I can find a link. Yup, here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9Qvjs5aKc
Stay safe.
Alison x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Glad you're home safe and sound - I hope that things are all good for you and yours as we move through these interesting times. Sending some virtual hugs, with thanks for such entertaining posts. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10