Monday 16 January 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #180 New Beginnings.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jan is hosting our first challenge for the new Year and it's New Beginnings, which could relate to babies, relationships, resolutions, it's up to you.
As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

For this project I decided to make a New Home card as I believe I may need one soon.
I wanted to use up some pieces of Masterboards and mop up papers and card, so collected together a variety of colours and textures.

 
I then stamped on these with some house stamps from Paper Artsy.


 
Cut out the houses ready to attach them to my backing card.
And punched out some birds using black card.

 
I had this A4 piece of card which I had cleaned one of my brayers on (hate to waste good paint Lol!) and used this for the background.
 
 
I added some extra texture and details using a Tim Holts dotty stencil to add more colour and brick stencil to add cracking gel medium.
 
 
When the card was completely dry I added the details to it.
The birds and the houses were added and I cut out parts of the hose to collage the pieces and then completed the card with Stickles Glitter Glue.
 
 

 All I have to do now is wait for them to move house, I have my fingers crossed but for now:

I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with and hope you like my card.
 
 Happy crafting.
Angela x

9 comments:

pam said...

Looks fantastic for a new home card Angela, love the row of birds.
Hugs Pam x

Barb said...

A really lovely New Home card and the line of birds looks so pretty. Barbxx

Crafty Claire said...

I love the birds on the wire they add a lovely homely element xx

Redanne said...

Love the painty background and the one coloured house stands out beautifully! Anne xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card celebrating a new home. Love the wonky house stamps and what a great way to clean your brayer. Really made a lovely background ,especially with the added textures. Love your work!
hugs
Glenda

Doris Klein said...

Wow what an amazing creation! Please visit my new challenge Blog Do-Al(l) Kreativies and show your fab card on it! I would be very glad about it!

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Jac’s Playground said...

Awesome card Angela, great house stamps and love how you made your background, looking forward to joining you at CCM xx

Sally Dodger said...

A stunning New Home card Angela. I love all the different master boards you have used to create your picture and the birds are a great finishing detail. Sally.x.

Jackie PN said...

How fun your cards are with these whimsical houses and Just love those birds! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10