Friday, 7 August 2026

Friday fun Day with Creative Creases.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

It's a bit different today, I'm showing you my project for Creative Creases as I am their Guest Designer today.
If you don't know this Challenge group it's well worth a visit if you like making Fun Fold cards.
Hope to see you there.....

I used some lovely papers by Dreamies for this and the butterflies and sentiments are stickers.
I completed it with enamel dots and Stickles Glitter Glue.


This is so simple to make but looks great when it's opened.

You will need two pieces of thin card or paper, a sentiment, 6" x 6" or 5" x 7" blank card, enamel dots, any decoration you wish and Stickles Glitter Glue.
I love this paper as it's double sided so works well with this style of card.

So to the mechanism.


Butterfly fold card.

  • 1. 6" x 6" (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm) card blank or larger.
  • 2. Mechanism - Plain or patterned paper 4 1/2" x 5" (11.5 x 12.7cm)
  • 3. Score centre - Valley fold, score edges - mountain fold at                        3/8" (1cm) each side, diagonal folds - mountains.   
  • 4. Mechanism strips - 5" x 2 1/2" (12.7cm x 6.3cm) x 2 - fold the            centre - Valley fold
  • 5. Toppers - 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" (5.7 cm x 5.7cm) x 4


    

Fold the mechanism flat and place the fold of the mechanism and card together then attach the 1cm edges to the card.

When these are fixed close the card and reposition the mechanism so that it folds outwards.

Add glue to the top and bottom triangles and attach the mechanism strips.

Finish by adding the toppers.

ooo0ooo

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

Leave me a comment and I'll pop over to see what you've been up to this week too.

Angela x

7 comments:

mamapez5 said...

That is an interesting and unusual card . Not one I have come across before (except on your post last week!) I hadn't come across the blog either so I did have a quick look though I don't need enough cards that would use a fancy fold really. But I enjoyed reading how you made yours. I might give it a go . Kate x

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Anonymous said...

Oh, Angela, this fun fold card is gorgeous! I love the unique fold and the beautiful papers. Thank you so much for being our guest designer this month! I appreciate your support and hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Carrie said...

Wow! This is a stunning card, Angela! Thank you so much for being a Guest Designer on the Creative Creases Challenge blog and sharing this engineering marvel! I love interactive cards, and this one has such a great surprise inside!

Anonymous said...

Oh - this is lovely! A really cool fun fold and I love the rich, deep colors you've used! Thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer over at Creative Creases - hope you'll be back! :)

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is unique and stunning.

Blogs I follow

01 09 10