Monday 19 September 2016

Crafty Cardmakers challenge # 173 Autumn

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Mary is hosting our Autunm challenge, so let's see what reminds you of this time of the year. That could be autumn colours, themes such as harvest, falling leaves, it's up to you.
As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

So here is my contribution.




I started by stamping several A4 sheets of card with an identical stamp.




 Then prepared a piece of black card which would fit a 6x6 card blank and onto this I attached some die-cut leaves which were made using a Tim Holtz Thinlits die set.  I completed this first stage by splattering on white paint using the Pebeo marker pen.




The next stage was to stamp and die cut the topper using a Neat and Tangled journaling card called Maple Leaves.


Next mounted the die cut onto black and Kraft card.



It's not clear from this photograph that the leaves actually stand out so here is another which shows this better.


The sentiment stamp was by Hobby Art Ltd 'Floral Greetings' set.

As you can see I did a little stamping inside too.


So that's your lot for today!

 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
2. Fashionable Stamping Challenges: Challenge#115- Use Autumnal Colours.
4. Just for Fun Rubber Stamps - September JFF Challenge. 
5. Paper Artsy Challenge # 18 Autumn Leaves.
As soon as I saw  these gorgeous Maple leaves I just knew I had to join in. What do you think.
I particularly liked the journal pages by Martha 'Autumn Dream' as the colours were slightly muted and it worked so well.

12 comments:

Krisha said...

Stunning autumn card Angela! Great mix of designer paper, stamps and dies....who could ask for more? *grin*
I'll pop over to the challenge and take a look too.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

This is a beautiful autumm card. Great colours and design.
Thanks for sharing at FSC.
Greeting Carola

Redanne said...

I think this may be my new favourite Angela, I love the background leaves and the raised ones on the top layer are beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliant make Angela and superb effects. Love this card xxx

brenda said...

A super creation for our Autumnal theme and super leafy effects, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Barb said...

I love this card Angela. What a great technique used for your background. Barbxx

Candy C said...

Hi Angela. This is such a lovely autumnal card! I love the leafy effects you've created by layering the leaf stamp. The color combinations are very crisp and I love how you've created your background and then the separate piece on top. Great techniques! Thanks for sharing. I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Marlies said...

A beautiful Autumn creation Angela! Lovely design and good use of the techniques. A great effect! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Angela, what a brilliant background you have made! Have a fun weekend xx

Jackie PN said...

Angela, your card is just beautiful! Love those leaves! xx

laurigami said...

Beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to stamps. hugs
laurigam

Craftyfield said...

Love the idea of making your own patterned paper with stamps to die-cut your leaves from! Beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10