Monday 28 June 2021

Monday Use it or Lose it.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with these papers:


Now I wonder how many of you out there have these. I've collected them from magazines and they just pile up and up as I don't really use printed papers very often so I decided that I should Use them or Lose them so here goes.


I was lucky enough to be able to go to the Craft Club on Saturday and we were making a fold card so I took the papers with me and the new stamp by Tracy Evans.



Of course I soon managed to make the desk my own Lol!


And this is where I ended up.

All done with the free papers and a couple of A4 sheets of black and white card and some shiny green thread. 
I used two different papers to stamp the flower and then fussy cut one of them, placed the thread and layered the flower over the top to give a bit of extra depth to the design.


When I got home I did add some Stickles glitter glue to the flower to bring the detail out a little more.

I think the patterned paper works really well with the flower.

I quite fancy using this stamp with a blue background and use it as a water lily.

Of course I didn't want to waste the scrap bits so used those inside the card.

I'm sure this will only be the start of using up that ever growing pile of papers.

Hope you like the card, I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

6 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Angela, your card is stunning! I love the papers, and your design allows both the paper and the image to shine. This project was beautifully conceived and executed.

I, too, have embarked on a "use it or lose it" campaign with my printed papers, but I am mostly using them as planner dashboards and money/gift card envelopes.

I may give this card type a try for an upcoming challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Kyla said...

ooh pleased you got to craft club and a great way to use up the inevitable paper stash from magazines etc. LOVE that new stamp too.

kyla (late for WOYWW)

Sue said...

This is beautiful Angela, so stylish! It's a great way of using up those papers, and what a wonderful card design, I will definitely have to bookmark this one to try myself. I had to laugh at the way you took over the table, I will always spread out to cover any available (or not) space. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Had to pop over and see this up close, fabulous fold and design. You've made good use of those papers, it's a real beauty this one Angela. Thank you for sharing.
I'd have taken over the table too... even the smallest of projects make me spread out :))
Hugs for a happy & healthy week Tracey xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Those papers are beautiful, so I'm delighted that you are on a 'use it or lose it' campaign with them. The card is stunning, and your endless creativity is beyond inspiring!

Crafty Claire said...

I really love this card it’s very impressive and great for a special occasion xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10