Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
We went to a party at the weekend and I completely forgot to take any photos, guess we were enjoying it too much. The weather was lovely and we all sat outside.
At least it's cooled down a bit here in Lincoln though still no rain but we're off to Heckington country show on Sunday so it will probably rain then! It still tremains the largest village show in the country.
The Dykes (man made drainage ditch) are very dry which are normally a very important part in Lincolnshire to control the water.
Lincoln is very low with an average of about 9 metres above sea level so flooding would definitely happen without them.
These guys are doing some maintenance while the water is low. There are some smaller dykes too which usually surround fields and parks.
Some of the bigger ones were started when the Roman's were here so well done them.
What have I been doing?
Staying indoors when the sun was out.
Watering my friends lovely flowers as she's away this week.
Keeping my own veggies watered and the Bonsai too.
My artichoke is coming along nicely too.
And the grapes though, I think they could do with some water.
Getting ready for my class on Saturday at the Craft and Chat club.
You'll get to see the cards I've planned for the class next week.
And some felting too this week.
These are Violet Webcap and yes they really are this colour though a little darker than they appear here.
If that's not enough we're off to Heckington Show on Sunday so looks like being a busy weekend.
The Squirrels are increasing in numbers.
I'm going to finish today with a Schnazer smile.
Have a great weekend everyone and
thanks for stopping by.
Leave me a comment and I'll pop over to see what you've been up to this week too.
Angela x










2 comments:
Gosh, you have been busy! Keeping the plants (and yourself) hydrated is vital.
Interesting to see your Dykes. In the Netherlands dykes are flood barriers to keep the water out. They don't have a ditch usually. I do get your point about it being so dry.
Your violet mushroom is delightful. Well done.
Looking forward to seeing photos of the Heckington Show.
Happy Friday!
Lisca
I have done my share of plant watering this week too. The dykes are very low. I read somewhere that a canal near hereis dry and the fish are dying. So sad, and not much sign of rain just yet.
The felting is great. I hope you have a good craft club tomorrow.
Hopefully there will be early morning rain on Sunday and then sunshine to enjoy the show.
I like to watch the squirels in the park, (and have no little dog to chase them), but I haven't seen them much during the heatwave. Wishing you a more 'comfortable' week. Kate x
My post is HERE
Post a Comment