Monday 29 September 2014

Masterboard Monday # Cards for Christmas.

  A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Bloggies, Angela here with some Christmas card ideas.

After the visit of my friends last week, it kind of got me in the mood to make more Christmas cards.
(I have received a message today that someone wants to make more so they obviously enjoyed it),

The only problem that I have when making christmas cards is the number needed, so I have decided to make a few Masterboard sheets which will be the main design for a Christmas card collection.

I think this method is good for anyone who is short of time (or lazy crafters like me), as you can make lots of cards without having to think too much about a design idea for each one but just change the layout.

I have had a few blogging friends who have been asking me about the Masterboards and are interested in making some, so I have chosen this week to use the simplest and quickest method to create them.

The good thing with a Masterboard is that you are able to create a card where everything co-ordinates as you can use the Masterboard to mat, layer and create embellishments too.

So here we go friends.
Christmas Masterboards.
 
I started by applying distress ink to my craft mat, sprayed it with water and swirled the ink around a little. 

I have used an A3 sheet of paper for this.
First I dragged the paper through the ink.
You may wish to add more ink until you are satisfied with the coverage.


 
I then used the same coloured inks to stamp the Christmas baubles onto the paper.

 
These are the stamps I used which were free with Simply Cards and Papercrafts Magazine.

 
I used Spellbinders die Heirloom Reflections with the Masterboard to create the embellishment and then put the whole thing together.
 
 
And here are a couple of cards I made with this Masterboard.
 
 
On this card I used a text stamp on the card blank and edged it with Dusty Concord distress ink.
I am entering this card in Christmas Card Challenges: Anything Goes.

 
I used the Heirloom Reflections die by Spellbinders to cut out the topper and finished it off with brads and ribbon.

For the second card, I stamped the card blank with the same bauble stamp and colours used on the Masterboard.
This is the good thing about making your own Masterboard, you have the materials to create the co-ordinating look.
 
 
 
 
 
I finished this card off with brads and ribbon.
 
 
There is still about half the Masterboard left so enough to make further cards.
 

 It's simple but I hope, effective and should allow for the making of a quick collection.
More samples to follow soon.
 
Happy crafting,
Angela x
 



10 comments:

Shoshi said...

Thanks for a quite excellent tutorial, Angela - anyone still in doubt about what masterboards are and how to use them, will now understand fully! I love the whole co-ordinating idea, and being able to create embellishments too. This is such a great idea all round.

Have a great week.
Shoshi

Redanne said...

Your Masterboards are always so impressive, I love the colour palette you chose for this one and the stamped baubles are beautiful.

I have taken a rash decision this year, I am going to buy some ready made cards, as I just don't have the time to create so many hand crafted ones - I will obviously never go to crafty heaven now!! Hugs, Anne xx

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous color choices Angela! Love those stamps too! ")

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous cards Angela! I really love the non-traditional colours! Your backgrounds are stunning and the heirloom die is a perfect fit!! love them! hugs :)

pam said...

beautiful Christmas cards Angela, love how you do the master board to create..
pam

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge!
Monica - CCC DT

Donna B. said...

Very pretty Christmas cards. Love the artsy feel. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

Martina said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details, dear Angela!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Super pretty! Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N {DT}

okienurse said...

Such gorgeous cards! Love them! Vickie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10