Monday 24 October 2016

Masterboard Monday.

Welcome all my new followers and hope you enjoy the journey.

A very simple Masterboard for a quick birthday card.
And yes it's Crazy Cats!


Started here with the balloons from the 'Crazy Things' set of stamps.
White card and black ink stamped several times with the same ink on the stamp until it completely faded away which gives depth to this very simple Masterboard.

 
Followed by this:
I had cut out the frame for another project and had kept the negative, you know how it is " Waste not, want not" as they say!
 
 
I trimmed this down to size and then stamped on it with embossing ink and heat embossed it with white powder.
 
I'm sure I don't need to show you this but here I am mounting a section of the Masterboard with redline double sided tape.

 
Carefully position and then remove the tape.

 
And here we are ready for the next stage.

 
I had stamped, coloured and die cut the cats earlier, positioning two of them behind the frame and then adding the third cat and the sentiment.
I completed the card with the addition of the green stickles glitter glue to the cats eyes.
Nothing better than a bit of shiny glitter!

 
I also added the balloon stamp to the envelope.



 
This is another card for the post so not too much depth there but still think it works but what do you think?
 
 
Any comments gratefully received.
Have a lovely week and happy crafting,
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following Challenges:

Addicted to Stamps: Challenge 134 #  Lots of Layers.
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Week 386 - Sparkle and Shine.
Crafty Catz: Challenge  #343 - Anything Goes with a twist, embossing. 
Morgan's ArtWorld: Challenge # 21 Frame It.
Love to Create Challenge# 22 - Anything Creative/ Mixed Media Goes.



13 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Ohhh! This just might be my favorite crazy cat card yet!! I love the way you positioned the cats! Wonderful stamped background and die cut opening. Terrific card!

Barb said...

A very clever design on this card Angela. The crazy cats look great on this. Barbxx

Crafty Claire said...

A really great card. Getting the extra depth with the stamping is very effective. xx

Jackie PN said...

too cute Angela!! Happy Monday and wishes for a super creative week!
Jackie xo

Shoshi said...

This is really great, Angela. I love the black and white scheme, and how you've used the negative die cut frame. Very effective and striking, and of course, in my book, cats always go down well!

Shoshi

Redanne said...

I love how you used the negative from the frame and the white stamping on it mirroring the background stamping ties it all together beautifully. The cats, of course, are fabulous! Anne xx

Marlies said...

A beautiful card, very original with a fab design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Glenda Atkins said...

love it, weird but wonderful. Well done!
hugs
Glenda!

Brenda Brown said...

Great card and cleverly designed Angela xxx

brenda said...

A super fun creation, many thanks for joining our 'Sparkle and Sine' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

You did a great job explaining Angela. You did great layering in stamping and I love how your card has turned out.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Arlene said...

Fun creation, very creative.

So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld.

NanaConnie said...

I love those cats, Angela! Great job framing them. I'm putting on my DT hat to say thanks so much for playing along in our "Frame It" challenge at Morgan's ArtWorld. Good luck and come play again, won't you?
NanaConnie DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10