Sunday 14 February 2016

Masterboard Monday and That Craft Place Challenge

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
And here is my new design for :
That Craft Place Challenge Blog.

As usual this fortnight's theme is:
Mixed Media Anything Goes!
So lets see what you can come up with!

But before you start here is my piece using a variety of products from That Craft Place.




I started by making a Masterboard using mica sprays and crackle paste through one of my favourite stencils - 6x6 stencil: Hearts
from That Craft Place.

 
 
 
The MDF heart is also from That Craft Place and comes in two parts:

 
For this project I have only used the frame section as I have other ideas for the solid heart.

I then used this as the background for my heart hanging.

 
To complete this project I used three different techniques with the heart stencil which included Dry Embossing, Crackle Paste through the stencil and Foiling over 3D paste, one of Tim's (Holtz of course), techniques from some time ago which I have always loved. It gives any project a great Industrial Look.
 
If you would like to see the full details of how I made this and the techniques I used I will be doing a tutorial at That Craft Place blog and will post the date and link here soon.
 

I look forward to seeing your entries for the challenge at the:

Many thanks for your comments
and
happy crafting,
Angela x
     


I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
 
 Eclectic Ellapu: Love Actually 
 SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk
Country View Challenges: February Make Your Own Background
Anything but Cute: Challenge# 10 - Grungy Love
That's Crafty: First Love Challenge
Rhedd's Creative Spirit: February Challenge
A Vintage Journey-February Challenge-Industrial

20 comments:

Barb said...

Wow that's a fantastic hanging heart Angela. I've never tried gilding over raised pasted. Barbxx

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful steampunk heart dear Angela. Back from your nice ski holoidays you are now very creative again.
Happy Valentine's Day
Sabine xox

Samra said...

Gorgeous grunge make!
Thank you for joining our Grungy Love challenge at Anything But Cute!
Hugs

Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Beautiful hearts on Valentine's day! I really like what you did with the MDF! It seems you're ahead of the game posting for Monday already!

pam said...

Wonderful make Angela, love this beautiful heart make, great textures and colours.
Pam x

sarascloset said...

Grungy, yet so feminine in color and so heARTY! Love the idea of foil over the embossing. Beautiful work! Thank you for joining our Grungy Love challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Vintagehandmade said...

Gorgeous grungy heart with a lovely feminine touch! Great textures!
Thank you so much for joining in our Grungy Love challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT

Shoshi said...

A beautiful piece, Angela, and I love all that gorgeous texture.

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, Angela - glad you like my latest stuff. Really tired today so have rested. Another busy week ahead!

Shoshi

Unknown said...

This is absolutely fabulous
Thank for your always encouraging me

Claudia N. said...

This is so gorgeous, Angela! Love it!
Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee%amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Hugs,
Claudia xxx

Ruth said...

What a wonderful heart, so textural and gorgeous zingy colour. Hope you're well Angela, apologies for absence, life just happens! Take care and enjoy your crafty times. Hugs Ruth x

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful Angela! Love the grungy yet feminine! xo

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a cool grungy heart, Angela! Awesome make!

Toni said...

Hi Angela... love love love your heart... gee I'm going to have to try foiling over 3d paste... thank you for creating with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

My Side of Oz said...

So fabulous! Love those awesome colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

Laurian said...

Just beautiful!Thanks for joining us at Ecledtic Ellapu, come back soon!
xx

Deb said...

Love your heart full of gears Angela, fabulous colours, embossing and love the crackle! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Deb xo

rachel said...

Gorgeous background and I adore what you have done with it - brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel x

Words and Pictures said...

What lovely rosy rustiness - a great feminine industrial look. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10