Sunday 14 July 2013

Artist Trading Cards

Hi Bloghoppers hope you have had a nice day today.
Just wanted to show you one of my favourite ATCs.
They seem to have gone out of fashion a little recently but I still love making them and continue to swap.
They also make great toppers for cards.


This ATC is a little bit different to my usual type, in that it is stamped on silk for the ATC and felt for the cover.
The stamps used are by Crafty Individuals and the inks are Fabrico (It is best to heat set these) and Perfect Medium.
You will also need a clear embossing powder.
 

 
To create the background on the silk I wanted a resist which I made by using the crackle stamp and Perfect Medium. I applied the embossing powder and heated this.
I used a variety of colours on the background and then sandwiched it between two sheets of newsprint and ironed it to remove the embossing.
I then stamped again with the crackle stamp and the thistle in black.
The button was also a Crafty Individuals date stamp.

 
For the felt, I also used the crackle stamp after applying colour to the background. A length of ribbon was used with the border stamp. Ribbon and lace completed the design.

Hope you like it.
Angela xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10