Friday 30 June 2017

Friday Fun Day with smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
Actually this was last week but it's taken me a while to sort out the photographs but here they are!
The Lincolnshire Agricultural Show.

Started off by checking out the upholstery, nice chair!

 
Then visited some of the chickens.

 
And ducks.

 
Bees, very important!
Where would we be without them!

 
Rocking horses, lovely!

 
But the real horses were even better.
 
This was the Mare and foal competition.

 
This one was very lively! and gorgeous!

 
Of course we had to visit the vintage car section.

 
Nice MG!

 
Motorbikes.

 
School children arriving.

 
 Something for those of you who love steam!


 
Gorgeous displays in the flower tent.





 
Then a look round the Embroiders' Guild Section.


 
Lovely!

 
Got to visit the Bonsai Club naturally!

 
Had a nice chat with the guys there, no ladies though! I can't be the only female that grows these trees surely!

 
Stuff for the kiddies.

 
Duck herding.

 
Maisie looking comfy in her cooler jacket. It was hot that day.

 
Horse Shoe Competition.
The farriers have to make the horseshoe and then make it fit in a given length of time.

 
The horses were very well behaved.



Pleased to say that one of the competitors was a lady!

 
You can just see on this photograph the furnaces burning in the background to heat up the metal and it was a hot day so I would not have liked to have been working in the back there.
 

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
I think that's probably enough for today so I'll leave it at that but there was lots more than I've shown you here.
I'm off to the NEC today for a craft show so will visit you all when I get back.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Annie said...

That looks like a wonderful day out filled with smiles Angela. Thanks for sharing. Each and every pic had me smiling. I've enjoyed many lovely days at our agricultural shows over the years.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I so enjoyed looking at your potos. It was almost as if I was there. I wish I was. I love agricultural shows. We used to go to Shepton Mallet to the Bath and West show almost every year. I love the shire horses.
I loved seeing the upholstering. That chair is fab. I would love to have that in my lounge!
The classic cars are wonderful. I bet you had a lovely time looking at those.
The steam engines always remind me of Fred Dibna. I used to like watching him. (and listening to his broad accent)
A woman farrier but no lady bonzai-ists! That is no good at all! I think next time you must participate with your bonzais, just to get a woman in there!
Thanks for taking me to the show.
Have a good week and keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca
PS Do you know Elizabeth and Bluebeard's blog 'Altered Book Lover'? She collects rocking horses and would love seeing yuour photo. If you don't visit her blog, can I send her your photo? (acknowledging you of course) She's love that I'm sure.

Cara said...

Wow, looks like the show was amazing, although I have to admit that all the textiles were my favourite photos. Hubby would appreciate the bonsai, we won't mention the pots that are taking over my garden... I hadn't seen the cooling dog coat before, what a great idea. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Lisca, send her the link to the post, plus think they might know each other through WOYWW, Angela, is at the NEC show .. wouldn't I love to be there, too ;)
Shaz.x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great post Angela, well done on the show, you certainly saw some wonderful things, the Bissau were grand there are ladies am sure growing just not competing perhaps? Loved the horses, both varieties. Well done.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration! Need not to say have fun at NEC!!! ;)
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Crafty Claire said...

Those flower displays are lovely inspiration for a canvas!!!

pam said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day out Angela, great photos, where has the heat gone!! was too much for me..Now having heating on..weather!!
Pam x

Shoshi said...

Oooh, how lovely, Angela! Quite reminded me of our wonderful day at the Devon County Show back in May. I hate to miss it - it's such a great day out. You've got some smashing shots there, and it's lovely to read about all the different activities, and see the animals etc. Thanks for sharing!

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Angela - yes, the kittens are rather gorgeous, aren't they! We are so happy to have found them.

Shoshi

Little Artbee said...

Hello Angela, I love what I see. Wonderful photos from all these nice things and activities. I would have loved it too to visit it. I like the amazing flower decorations and the two stitched bags, or what is it? Thanks for sharing it with us, I enjoyed it very much.
Happy weekend.
Hugs
Sabine

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wonderful photos, Angela! Masie takes the biscuit for me - so cute! Cooler jacket - what a great idea! I wonder if they make those for humans?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10