Monday 18 February 2019

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you what I made with this Masterboard:


Some of you may have seen this before as I had it on my desk.
I started by die cutting the jigsaw pieces and attaching them around the card then using a blending tool applied the three colours of Distress Oxides directly to the card.
Then dragged the card through one of the oxide colour which had been applied to a craft mat and sprayed with water.
Dry the card after each application.


The close-ups show the next stage which was to add some gold leaf and splatter white paint to add to the  design.


Spread a little glue around with your finger and then press on the gold leaf on to it.


At this stage I was ready to start using the Masterboard and began by decorating a paper bag.
First I added some stamping with paper Artsy stamps but you could use what ever you have to hand. 
I didn't want to overdo this as the front was going to be very busy but used colours which would match with the Masterboard to give continuity to the design.


I layered up the Masterboard piece with matching card and added some diecut jigsaw pieces in gold and then a small tag which I had prepared earlier with coloured threads and inked the edges.
I used scissors along the edge of the Masterboard piece to grunge it up a little.



I had a few spare pieces of Jigsaw which had not been used on the Masterboard and added those on the top.


You can see here that I have also added some matching coloured gems.

All that is needed now is a sentiment to complete the project.

So here we have it all completed.

I used a die cut text for the sentiment which was layered over the tag. I thought about using a darker colour but felt that the Kraft card worked quite well as it matched the colour of the bag.




Of course there will be more to follow because as usual there's always some left-over!

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

I would like to enter this project in the following Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything but a Square - 171

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a glorious master board with great colours and love the jigsaw theme and die cuts. The design of the bag is amazing and the tag finishes it off beautifully x.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Oooh, what a cool gift bag you made! Great artwork.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW girl you rocked this post. Love it, totally awesome. Thanks for the step by step. I love the masterboard idea and I made a few but not so good, but Shaz said they'd be better after I used them and they were, But I like your added dimension. Enjoy a great week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am running way, way behind this week, Angela. I just learned I have pneumonia and was told to rest. I actually came to see your Friday Smiles, but fell in love with your master board. I need a die cutter, I think (grin). That puzzle is awesome, but the way you put everything together is amazing.

Loved the frozen lake, but more than that, really fell in love with the heart and the other sculpture. Hope to see you for Friday Smiles this upcoming week.

Brenda Brown said...

Wow what a fabulous gift bag, so many fabulous layers and a stunning finish with the gold foil. Love it xxx

Mrs A. said...

Reading through all the layers that you have created on this bag makes me want to take my hat off to you. The resulting bag is wonderful. Hugss Mrs A.

Craftyfield said...

I love the masterboard and its colour! The puzzle pieces are fun and making bags is a good way of using our supplies for useful things, so I'm all for it! Pretty cool project, all in all!

Sue said...

Wow Angela what a gorgeous gift bag, but you know that I always love your masterboards. Have a happy and crafty week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Loving this project, Angela - I'm such a sucker for puzzle pieces (perhaps because my life is one. :D ) and this just thrills me. Good call on the kraft sentiment - it's a great look!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful giftbag did you make. It's a little piece of art :) Love the chosen colours and the jigsaw-theme.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10