Friday 15 February 2019

Friday Fun day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

It's been a busy week again with my parents and other stuff but managed to take a few pics of some of the more interesting activities.



Saturday we walked the dogs in the park and the runners were just finishing.
It's so good to see all these people getting involved and the weather was kind on them unlike the week before when it looked like this.


Not sure I would want to be running in the park in this weather, even the lake was frozen but it looked pretty.





Also found a Ninja pebble which was a nice surprise though also made me feel a bit guilty as I haven't done any pebble painting or hiding since before Christmas, just been a bit busy.


This made me smile. It's on display in a restaurant we went to.
We both had a birthday in January and our dear friends decided to treat us to a meal out.


And finally for today we found this in Meadowhall Shopping Centre   (Sheffield) and just had to photograph it.
What a great idea for a heart. Love it and might have to make one though it may not be quite that size.

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day and wishing you all a great weekend too.

Thanks for stopping by.


And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Helen said...

love the icy lake, and that heart is fab!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm sure you could make more than one of those hearts using up some of your paper stash hee hee! A wonderful heart to share. Hope life sorts itself out for you soon and you have a little more time for yourself and get back to pebble decorating.
Take good care Angela & Thank you for sharing. Hugs Tracey xx
P.S our wee dog is called Boni (short for Bonita) prounounced Bonnie xx
P.P.S I did not know you had a birthday last month... Happy belateds xxx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great set of photos. The weather for the runners definitely looked better the following weekend. What's a Ninja pebble? I've heard of geocaching, but not making and hiding Ninja pebbles. It sounds similar and fun. :-)

Annie said...

Happy belated birthday for last month. I hope life settles down soon for you so you have time to paint more pebbles. The heart is stunning....what's it made from?
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Thanks for explaining the Ninja pebbles. I added a link to Lincoln Art Ninjas to my blog. Did you hear about this other group that is leaving little crocheted hearts around? I read about that today, too, and added a link for that, too. What a great way to brighten someone's day, whether they find some art or they find a heart. Have a great weekend.

crocheted hearts:

http://tsdailytreasures.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-little-love.html

mamapez5 said...

Oh it looks so chilly in that park, though the frozen lake is rather beautiful. I am glad it was a bit brighter for the runners.
I hope you birthday meal was as interesting as the decor, and I love the shopping centre heart. Kate x

Lisca said...

That metal heart in the Sheffield shopping centre is wonderful. I'm sure you could copy that in some very thin ply or something else flexible.
The blog I also link up with, Virginia at celtichouse.com, mentioned it in one of her blogs. Apparently there are lots of names on it, and she managed to get a family member's name on it.
The scooter is a nice display item, albeit a bit unusual and big. I would gladly look at that while having lunch as I like Vespas and Lambrettas.
Great Ninja pebble. I hope things settle down with the old folk and you can do some peppbling again. But they come first, I understand that.
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Lisca

Heather M said...

Hi Angela, sorry for the late visit. I'd love to see how you go about making the heart (if you do it). I know a lot of people in my Sudden Cardiac Arrest Facebook Group have added their names to the heart, as it's raising money for BHF, something very close to us. Have a lovely week Heather x #23

Kelly said...

lovely pieces!
yes, it's been really cold here too. So ready for spring. They showed on the news last night where people were actually out running... on ice covered walks! Hugs!
Kel

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful photos and thank you for sharing...particularly loved the nija pebble x. What wonderful friends you have x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10